INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone know details about this new 2018 ram part number 68340153ab.... the dealer just told me its NOT a UAx but a UCS version. He doubts it has nave. I cant find anything with google. The vin i searched only told me a
Uconnect 4C with 8.4–inch display
Google Android Auto Apple CarPlay capable

ultimately need to know if this will be a good donor.

It is UCS, Im not sure what that means in the scheme of being a donor, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I wasn’t able to locate the page I found the 22.5 software on so here is a google drive link to the file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/136BVW_AlpbuqPBoHhpnCI-Ltjw3yeio0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where’d you find the 22.5 image? I’d be willing to give it a go and jump back to that and see if it still has RAM themes (I suspect it will). If not, I can then try to jump up to 22.6 again.

R/T
Let us know how this goes. I could never find a 22.5 UAQ file (or 19.9 & 21.9) and like you, I would be curious if someone could roll back to that chrysler 300 v22.5 UAQ file and then install the ram v22.6 and have a fix for missing map files from a prior botched update.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
does anyone know details about this new 2018 ram part number 68340153ab.... the dealer just told me its NOT a UAx but a UCS version. He doubts it has nave. I cant find anything with google. The vin i searched only told me a
Uconnect 4C with 8.4–inch display
Google Android Auto Apple CarPlay capable

ultimately need to know if this will be a good donor.
That's likely a 5th gen base model 8.4 non nav radio. Hard to know without the VIN.

M² Mods.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6

It is UCS, Im not sure what that means in the scheme of being a donor, though.
Benny had some imput...
"Sure this vin uses a "UCS" 4C radio with 8.4" display. I do not see any indication that it has Nav and its also a Canadian spec vehicle which may make a difference."
So not sure... Wonder what Canada wants that we do or do not...

Last edited by a moderator:

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
That's likely a 5th gen base model 8.4 non nav radio. Hard to know without the VIN.
how about.... 1C6RR7UT7JS241917
running a report i didnt get much except carplay apple play. nothing about NAV, but local dealer said not likely.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
how about.... 1C6RR7UT7JS241917
running a report i didnt get much except carplay apple play. nothing about NAV, but local dealer said not likely.
http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6RR7UT7JS241917

Yep... Canadian 2018 Ram 1500 Sport 4th gen.

So the radio will likely work (4c without Nav)... Also won't have the at&t 4g hotspot/cellular system in it. Biggest issue with it will be getting SW updates if needed.
If the price is good, it may be worth the risk.
View attachment BuildSheetServlet-4.pdf

M² Mods.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Thanks M2M....
price is $575... not sure its good risk... :)~ Didn't know about the ATT hot spot feature. I have ATT that might be nice. Is that hot spot via my cell phone being Bluetooth connected to the radio?
You say it might be tough getting software updates, why, Canada version? I'm good without Nav... but trouble down the road is the concern.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hotspot would be directly from the radio and can be activated by calling at&t apparently with the info from the setup screen.

On the 13-17 trucks people were successful installing candidate Canadian Ra4 radios in them with some minor differences. In theory, if you have a vin and there is an update available for a dealer to download (TSB reference usually) vs OTA only, then the dealer can get it for you on a blank USB drive to give them with the vin. Some are better than others at this.

We currently have the latest v22.6 SW files available for the 18 USA UAS and UAQ radios hosted here in the thread. Someone else may have a Canadian version but I don't keep up with them unless someone else provides the details and hosts the file. (Limited time and storage space on my free MediaFire acct.)

M² Mods.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
M2m
sounds like it could be a problem later on... maybe i will pass on the Canadian version... not sure, need to think about it

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i might would stay away from a canadian uas or uaq simply for the apllication updates.i unknowingly have a ram classic uaq/caq.anyhow it worked fine with its 22.5 application except the sound sucked i found a 28.3 apllication for jeep cherokee the radio took the file.but the last two days the screen has blacked out.everything else works even the back up cam comes on then when you put the truck in drive it goes black again.not 100 percent if its just the application is for a jeep and not a ram or the application itself.i am going to try a canada ram 21.9 or 22.5 file and see if it will take i doubt it though.i would highly suggest to take a little time and find a ram specific part number american unit.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
i might would stay away from a canadian uas or uaq simply for the apllication updates..i would highly suggest to take a little time and find a ram specific part number american unit.
thanks for the thoughts/experiences. Yes I agree. I don't mind modding the truck. its a new world these Ram and the Comm bus link from the days when we modded our 90's grand prix's / montecarlos and such, those were the days we could flash over a module and be good. I embrace the new technology, but at same time don't need to create problems in the future. Yes I will keep looking for the correct version listed in the DIY write up. We are looking for a needle in hay stack. :)

cclark019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Download yes, but doesn’t work.

This is for the 2017 LX/LA/LD UAQ That 00R/T has in his truck I don’t think it’s compatible with the Ram UAQ.

Jalsaeed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is for the 2017 LX/LA/LD UAQ That 00R/T has in his truck I don’t think it’s compatible with the Ram UAQ.

My UAQ came out of a 2018 chrysler 300.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Only way to get the PN of the 18/19 radios is to pull them out and look at the sticker.

If you want to get the application version... Go into radio settings menu... Or see the cotton of the OP to get into dealer mode menus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
2018 Jeep compass info from another thread....

Will an 8.4 from a 2018 Jeep Compass work? Possible part # 68283242 opt UDQ, not sure what UDQ is.

You certain that's from a 2018? Is it a Canadian unit or non-nav?

In early testing, i tried a late model 2017 (MY_17.5) Compass USA UAQ PN: 68283240Ax (Application Version 18.7) in my 2013 ram before we figured out the correct USB Hub/wiring as well as blend door temp issues (fixed with 18 HVAC module or ATC wiring/sensors)...

and ran into some issues (stuck on KM/h vs MP/h, didn't recognize key in run position)... but my 13 ram never worked correctly with ANY 2016 ram radios either (tried 3); all other 13-18 ram radios worked fine.
@DeereGuy had better luck with it in his 2016 truck but there were still some issues that may have been helped with a newer SW/Application version (v18.7) that we never found from a compass VIN.

Testing never went further with that radio and it ended up as a parts donor to fix a ram UAQ with a broken screen/mount.

M² Mods.

The UAD is the European version
68283240 us Version needs updated to at least 19.9
68283241 Canadian version
68283242 European version
The European version will not work
Might work if upgraded to Newer version
The Canadian version will but it doesn’t have you connect but since that doesn’t work anyway it really isn’t a big thing

Mpgrimm2 researched part number 68283242AA earlier in this thread and it seems it was a -MX (Mexican) version of the Jeeps. That said folks have had mixed results with non-US versions of the 4C radio. I would stick with US versions if it were me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Michael Varner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello All, This is my first post here and judging by the 108 pages you guys can answer my question I done the 8.4 upgrade in my truck and it worked fine, My question is i am now selling the kit on ebay and am wondering if the person that buys it will have any problems , i have been asked a few questions and to my knowledge shouldnt be a problem , should not require programming ?? The unlock code will still work for them ?? Thanks for any help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat