Mystery Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC5Cents

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up a new to me 2017 Big Horn 1500 a couple of months ago. There are two of these connectors underneath the backseat one near each sidewall, looks to be plastic riveted to the seat frame.

It doesn't look like the other connectors i have seen posted on here that would be for the rear LEDs. It just plugs into a dummy and doesn't go anywhere. Anyone have thoughts on what this may be for?

Thanks all. Really learning a lot from everyone on the forum.
image1.jpeg IMG_5865.JPG

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Could be for heated seats maybe?

OP
OP
JC5Cents

JC5Cents

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Brandon, i appreciate you responding so quickly. Figures that i look all over for the answer and try another search after i post the question and looks like i may have found the answer.

It looks like it may be all of the above. If I'm reading this thread correctly it looks like it would plug into the harness for the back seat if the back seat had a harness (mine doesn't). I'm assuming since my connector only has two wires it would only have the LED option. That's just a guess but i think if my truck were wired for more 'back seat' options there would be more wires.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/what-is-this-connector.143447/page-2

OP
OP
JC5Cents

JC5Cents

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If my understanding is correct all we would need is the female connector wired to an LED and that should solve for a rear seat LED.

RAMbow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 FrankenRam (Limited Tradesman)
Engine
I actually just installed all new limited seats in my tradesman over the weekend. Those connectors on the rear seat are used for both LED and heat if you have heated seats and the wiring. If you are looking to make it all happen, hit up deereguy as he makes great harnesses.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That particular connector, with it's two wires are for puddle lights that can be on the underside of the seat cushions. If you don't have lots on the bottom of your seat cushions, but want some, as they illuminate the floor for the people getting in/out, then you can order the puddle lights with the electrical harness as a small kit, and add them into the seat bottoms and they hook right up to that grey connector.

OP
OP
JC5Cents

JC5Cents

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That particular connector, with it's two wires are for puddle lights that can be on the underside of the seat cushions. If you don't have lots on the bottom of your seat cushions, but want some, as they illuminate the floor for the people getting in/out, then you can order the puddle lights with the electrical harness as a small kit, and add them into the seat bottoms and they hook right up to that grey connector.

Thanks fellas, Gord, do you know where someone might pick up that kit?

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I don’t remember the part number of it. But if you ask Benny Im the allmopartparts vendor forum or the DIY forum they will give you the part number. It’s I’m several threads. But I cannot remember which specific one.

the kit is the wires and bulbs for the rear footwell lights.