Recall on the CTD trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
…and the time of all the dealership employees involved to answer your call, schedule your appointment, check in your truck when you get there, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, this is what every dealership gets reimbursed for to perform the recall, so I wouldn’t even bother with driving it over to the lift (to change a dipstick?):
View attachment 510645

I have timed the guys several times over the past few years, all a drive has to do was to drive the truck from the line its in around the building on to the lift get out hit the button to raise it, from the time he picked up the keys to the time the truck was on the lift going into the air was just under 6 minutes, if they don't have the door already open it over 6 minutes, if they don't have a guide person waiting so he it can drive it on it takes longer... Also if they have to put it on the lift with arms it takes around 3-5 minutes just to set & check the arms & lift..

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got my recall letter for the tranny vent yesterday. Says 30 minutes. Not sure I want to do it if the new dipstick doesn't allow me to check tranny fluid level though.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ditto, got my official letter today. I too, was wondering what the official fix is actually going to amount to.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ditto, got my official letter today. I too, was wondering what the official fix is actually going to amount to.
I was told it's like a plastic clip that latches the dipstick down. Kind of like semi's have on there oil dipstick. Takes them less than an hour to fix.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I'm going to wait until the tailgate latch fix is available, then take it in once for both recalls.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I'm going to wait until the tailgate latch fix is available, then take it in once for both recalls.
If your talking about the possibly Mis aligned striker bolts for the tailgate then that fix is all ready available as its just an adjustment

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Talked with the dealer today about this recall. So what he said they are going to do , with provided parts in a kit..... REMOVE THE OE DIPSTICK ASSEMBLY AND REPLACE IT WITH A much SHORTER VENT TUBE. YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO CHECK YOUR TRANNY FLUID LEVELS via the current dispstick as it will be no longer there.
Not sure this is what I wish to have happen. So what happens down the road, when you want to change the fluids in the tranny?

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Talked with the dealer today about this recall. So what he said they are going to do , is with provided parts in a kit..... REMOVE THE OE DIPSTICK ASSEMBLY AND REPLACE IT WITH A much SHORTER VENT TUBE. YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO CHECK YOUR TRANNY FLUID LEVELS via the current dispstick as it will be no longer there.
Not sure this is what I wish to have happen. So what happens down the road, when you want to change the fluids in the tranny?
Keep your old dipstick

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I'd purchase a locking dipstick like the one Suncoast offers and call it a day.
On another note, many manufacturers no longer offer a dipstick for the transmission, including Ford. If it isn't leaking and you service it there should be no issue. How many guys are going out every morning checking the trans fluid. Heck, I'd bet alot of folks never even check the oil, just bring it in for service.
But what do I care, I have an Aisin that doesn't throw up on its self.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
If your talking about the possibly Mis aligned striker bolts for the tailgate then that fix is all ready available as its just an adjustment
I actually just got the recall letter today saying it Is an adjustment. I want that adjusted, but I really don't want the dipstick replaced. I'll have to see what they say.