redline oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The 30-8A filter has 3/4-16 threads and won't interchange with the stock filters threads of 22mm X 1.5. To use the the 30-8a you would need to replace the nipple that the filter screws onto to the earlier 3/4-16 nipple.Not sure if you can do it on the later trucks,as I've never tried.

My truck is an 05 hemi. The 20-253 was recommended by both Amazon and Summit Racing for my truck. I manually took down the specs and looked for other filters that matched. The 30-8a was the only one, and it was larger than the 20-253. Larger is what I desired, and all sources pointed toward said filter screwing on and meshing. So that's what I ordered. Idk about newer rams/hemis, I was just trying to get the word out and let the new guy know how to find bigger filters in his correct size.

Go to summit or amazon, type in the make and model of filter you want, then set the search result filter to your vehicle, take down the filter's thread type and gasket size, then restart your original search and choose between all of the filters with the same specs as the one that was recommended based on your vehicle.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My truck is an 05 hemi. The 20-253 was recommended by both Amazon and Summit Racing for my truck. I manually took down the specs and looked for other filters that matched. The 30-8a was the only one, and it was larger than the 20-253. Larger is what I desired, and all sources pointed toward said filter screwing on and meshing. So that's what I ordered. Idk about newer rams/hemis, I was just trying to get the word out and let the new guy know how to find bigger filters in his correct size.

Go to summit or amazon, type in the make and model of filter you want, then set the search result filter to your vehicle, take down the filter's thread type and gasket size, then restart your original search and choose between all of the filters with the same specs as the one that was recommended based on your vehicle.

They changed the filter nipple awhile ago,not sure when,but the later hemi's all use a metric filter now,and the one you're recommending won't work on anything newer then 08,as I know for sure the 09's use a metric filter.Just straightening out your info that's all.Hate to see somebody with an 09 and newer truck buy a 30-8A filter with 3/4-16 threads and then find out it won't fit the metric 22mm X 1.5 threads of the filter nipple,especially half way through their oil change,lol.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
They changed the filter nipple awhile ago,not sure when,but the later hemi's all use a metric filter now,and the one you're recommending won't work on anything newer then 08,as I know for sure the 09's use a metric filter.Just straightening out your info that's all.Hate to see somebody with an 09 and newer truck buy a 30-8A filter with 3/4-16 threads and then find out it won't fit the metric 22mm X 1.5 threads of the filter nipple,especially half way through their oil change,lol.
Right, okay. I was thinking you were crapping on my info, lol.

My bad. :)

Buck19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So once I switch to redline what is the change interval. 7500 miles?

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
So once I switch to redline what is the change interval. 7500 miles?
It all depends on your truck and driving habits. I'm going to start at 5k and get a used oil analysis from Blackstone, paying extra to check the tbn and tan, and then if all is good increase my oci every time until I reach 10k, or until the numbers don't suit my taste. Whichever comes first.

Others gave me this advice, so you'd probably get the same thing from the oil experts here, just give 'em a few hours to get to their lunch breaks. [emoji14]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
7500 is a no brainer with the tbn of redline, usually in the 9's. For people that want to extend it "a little" like to 11 or 12k miles, consider adding a can of bgmoa when you are 3/4's the way through your interval. This is what I will be doing from here on out. Even though I am comfortable with my 10k interval, it is better to be safe then sorry, and there is very little downside to adding a tbn booster for safety purposes. Now, the real tbn boosters companies use for diesels I wouldn't be using for gas engines in the same way. I would just use them as insurance against acid, not to double or triple my interval like some companies due with rigs. Every guy should have a case of bgmoa in their garage, when we all run out of ground oil, this will be life or death:)

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Idk which thread I posted in but here are the fitment pics on an 05 2wd with an rp 30-8a filter. 3/4-16 threads. An 02-06/07 should accept this filter. Check multiple sources for the correct threading and gasket size to be sure. fb9c6fb7df694975dc0cc32960e81695.jpge3489132f8c0f393573c1493ca53757b.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Idk which thread I posted in but here are the fitment pics on an 05 2wd with an rp 30-8a filter. 3/4-16 threads. An 02-06/07 should accept this filter. Check multiple sources for the correct threading and gasket size to be sure. fb9c6fb7df694975dc0cc32960e81695.jpge3489132f8c0f393573c1493ca53757b.jpg

Think the majority of guys here in the 4th Gen thread have the metric filter,you should be down in the 3rd Gen section,as I've told you before,that filter "will not" fit the 4th Gen trucks,so quit pushing that damn 30-8A filter down everybodies throats,it won't fit a 4th Gen Ram.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
But what is "will not"? Where there is a will, there is a way. Maybe it wont fit a stock plate, but if anyone desires the biggest filter they can find, use a relocate kit. But Hamster even though you did clarify it was for 02-07, still this is 4gen engine performance. Just say'n friend.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Think the majority of guys here in the 4th Gen thread have the metric filter,you should be down in the 3rd Gen section,as I've told you before,that filter "will not" fit the 4th Gen trucks,so quit pushing that damn 30-8A filter down everybodies throats,it won't fit a 4th Gen Ram.
Gee whizz! I was completely unaware that this was in the 4th gen section! I guess using the search isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be!

I'll be sure to vacate this thread and turn off notifications, now!

d36b40de038dc79a8a69c692359f0167.jpg

But what is "will not"? Where there is a will, there is a way. Maybe it wont fit a stock plate, but if anyone desires the biggest filter they can find, use a relocate kit. But Hamster even though you did clarify it was for 02-07, still this is 4gen engine performance. Just say'n friend.
Okay. My apologies kind sir. Thank you for not acting in a passive aggressive manner. :)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Glad I could help.:dogpile:

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LMAO, just for ***** and giggles I checked out redline oil on Wally world's website. You can order 5/30 for $20 a qt. Surprisingly no reviews, apparently they haven't sold much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
LMAO, just for ***** and giggles I checked out redline oil on Wally world's website. You can order 5/30 for $20 a qt. Surprisingly no reviews, apparently they haven't sold much.

Only paid 47-50 each for my gallon jugs on Summit Racing.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nick's price is better then that, RLK buys jugs from Gotexhaust and free shipping and cheaper then 47 per jug, just say'n in a non type passive voice.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only paid 47-50 each for my gallon jugs on Summit Racing.

I know I thought was rediculas. Worst case senerio you can order straight from Redline for $11.95 per qt.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Nick's price is better then that, RLK buys jugs from Gotexhaust and free shipping and cheaper then 47 per jug, just say'n in a non type passive voice.

I'll remember that for the next change in ~8k miles or so.

Gonna save my old oil for a uoa. I wanna find out what Pep boys put in there if I can.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the gallon jugs have a view window with a gauge on the side so you can measure how much you pour in?

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Do the gallon jugs have a view window with a gauge on the side so you can measure how much you pour in?

Mine did not. I looked in the hole and did it by feel/approximation.

Of course, the first jug goes straight in, anyway. ;)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Gee whizz! I was completely unaware that this was in the 4th gen section! I guess using the search isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be!

I'll be sure to vacate this thread and turn off notifications, now!

d36b40de038dc79a8a69c692359f0167.jpg

Okay. My apologies kind sir. Thank you for not acting in a passive aggressive manner. :)

LMAO you're hilarious dude,i told you twice that the filter wouldn't fit a 4th Gen,and you still didn't get it figured out,so other then drawing you a picture,i don't know how else to get the message across to you,that you're promoting a filter that won't fit a 4th Gem truck.The few of us running filter relocation kits use that filter,but you still need the metric threaded adapter plate to actually fit the 4th Gen Hemi.Sorry you took it as passive aggressor,but you're a stubborn ****,lol.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
LMAO you're hilarious dude,i told you twice that the filter wouldn't fit a 4th Gen,and you still didn't get it figured out,so other then drawing you a picture,i don't know how else to get the message across to you,that you're promoting a filter that won't fit a 4th Gem truck.The few of us running filter relocation kits use that filter,but you still need the metric threaded adapter plate to actually fit the 4th Gen Hemi.Sorry you took it as passive aggressor,but you're a stubborn ****,lol.
On mobile, you can't see the "top" of the "page" where it tells you the forum that the thread is in unless you go to the beginning of the thread. Aka, scroll forever up. The search function brought me straight here, NOT through the sub forum. So, by design, I was actually clueless and just thought there a bunch of 4g guys on.

My bad, bro.