The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumpsta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Here are before and after pics of the mufflex, I just left the resonator off, I think it sounds good, so didn't even try with it on. I will probably get a turn down, I like the clean look with no pipe sticking out anywhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 102

Gumpsta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Sorry for all the replies. I can't figure out how to attach more than one picture per reply.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 100

Gumpsta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Here is a comparison.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 101

Blackout 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Install looks good, so the mufflex is really only designed to just replace the factory muffler. I wonder how easy it will be to fine 3.5 turn downs to match up.

Gumpsta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Install looks good, so the mufflex is really only designed to just replace the factory muffler. I wonder how easy it will be to fine 3.5 turn downs to match up.

Yes, it is a bolt in replacement for the factory muffler. Took less than an hour to do. Any exhaust shop should have a turn down tip, and would take all of about 5 minutes to tack on.

Gumpsta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I haven't had it out on the highway yet, I only live about a mile from my shop, so it could be awhile before I get the MDS to come on. Cruising at 40-50 with the engine between 1500-2000 RPMS you can definitely tell it has an aftermarket exhaust, but nothing annoying. I'm really happy with how it sounds so far, if you want to hear it, just keep the pedal to the floor, and it will roar. If you drive like a normal person, it has a good tone, but not too loud.

6.4 dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
No drone when mds is active. Drone gets bad when I pull my 4000 lb trailer in 6th. I had to put in tow/haul mode before I had nervous breakdown....

109rfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Finally got to tow with mine. Towed approx 8k travel trailer through Adirondacks and with 3.73's it did fine although I'd probably prefer the 4.10

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 96

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Got my windshield chipped a couple days ago driving behind a 18 wheeler damn rock fell off his trailer man I was pissed so I pulled him over in the middle of highway told him what happened, followed him to his company and told'em about it & they offered to fix it, went to a glass shop to see what they can do, said the hole windshield would have to be replaced cause it hit on top edge I was thinkin aw **** they ain't gonna pay $200-$300 for a windshield, got a quote on it come to find out this damn window is $800 wtf, called the company back they said they'd take care of it 100% I was like damn I ain't never been this lucky, why are these windshields so high I replaced one in my 2010 sport it was $200 somthin

mtnrider33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
So I'm finally ready to reveal my 6.4 Hemi. Purchased sight unseen on 7/23 and dealer delivered to my chosen shop for lift/tires install. I received it on 8/6 and proceeded to further customize it to what you see in these pics. I'm still waiting on the shop manager to provide me the "before" pics so I can keep record of how far she's come. Here's some details...because I know some will ask. If I miss any details or if you have additional questions, let me know! It sounds like an animal driving down the road!!!

BDS 5.5" - 4 link lift
Fox 2.0 Shocks on 4 corners w/ Dual Front Stabilizers
35X12.50R18 TOYO M/T on Moto Metal Wheels
True Dual Exhaust w/ 2 Flowmaster Series 40 Mufflers (removed Y pipe)
K&N Filter
Diablo Sport Tuner
Smoked/Blacked Out LED Lights all around (Headlights/Tail/3rd/Cab/Under Step Rail/Inside Bed)
Iron Cross Steps (I powder coated step plates red...and installed LED under steps)
Powdercoated front/back bumbers wrinkle black to match step rails
Painted Red/Black front grill surround and insert
Debadged (Except 6.4HEMI)
Painted Red - HEMI badge, Ram front/back
Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
LineX coated Fender Flares...also LineX'ed bed, rear bumber top step & front bumper lower wind spoiler
Sprayed Calipers Red
...ummm, did I miss anything??

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Ram1.jpg
    Ram1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Ram 2.jpg
    Ram 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 125

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
.. i don't even want to know what you have spent so far... but it looks good... that red looks a little light.. but still looks good.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Not my style, but looks ok. The only one who needs to smile when behind the wheel is you. Enjoy the ride:favorites13:

mtnrider33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I would've been happy with a 4" lift, but was wanting the BDS 4 link so settled with the extra height. BDS only offers the 4 link lifts in 5.5" for our gas trucks. I test drove a few stock 6.4L trucks and I will say that there isn't much difference with the handling on this lifted truck. All the components are great quality and I opted for the add-ons like longer ss braided brake lines, upgraded shocks, dual front stabilizers, etc. The 4 link setup has a clean look and you can tell in the driveability that the front axle geometry was something they considered in their design. It has 5.5" lift in the coils up front and 4.5" lift in the rear coils.

Attachments

• Ram 3.jpg
    Ram 3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Ram 4.jpg
    Ram 4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Ram 5.jpg
    Ram 5.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Ram 6.jpg
    Ram 6.jpg