Tracking down an interior squeaky sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
My 2021 Power Wagon 75A has a slight squeak when I turn or hit a bump causing lateral movement. Straight up bounce from a pothole does not cause the noise, there must be some left/right force. It sounds like it's coming from the rear driver's side of the vehicle. I can bounce around on my seat and not cause any noise, so I don't think it's the driver's seat. I oiled all the door hinges, that seems to have quieted it down a bit, but something is still squeaking. I've done the ol' grab-n-shake test on everything I can think of but nothing makes the noise. Any common areas for interior noise before I stick my wife back there with a stethoscope? :D

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If oiling the door hinges made an improvement you're on the right path..I have a 75A, but am not hearing anything...voices in my head drown out most noises tbh...I will say the door hinges squeak a lot.....only on open close tho...after oiling them had sorta helped, I ended going the grease route vs oil, wd40 etc and it helped a lot...good luck and keep us posted...thanks for your service!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2021 Power Wagon 75A has a slight squeak when I turn or hit a bump causing lateral movement. Straight up bounce from a pothole does not cause the noise, there must be some left/right force. It sounds like it's coming from the rear driver's side of the vehicle. I can bounce around on my seat and not cause any noise, so I don't think it's the driver's seat. I oiled all the door hinges, that seems to have quieted it down a bit, but something is still squeaking. I've done the ol' grab-n-shake test on everything I can think of but nothing makes the noise. Any common areas for interior noise before I stick my wife back there with a stethoscope? :D
Do you happen to have white knuckle sliders?

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Yes.

After you asked I went out and literally jumped on them, shook them enough to move the truck, etc. and didn't hear any sounds. Not saying it can't be something related to the sliders, but I couldn't replicate it. Maybe it needs some twisty motion in the frame?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

I owe you a beer or a big ol' Bugs Bunny style kiss, your choice. Hell, maybe both.

I went out today once it was daylight, crawled under, and sure AF the front driver's side was touching. I loosened it up, wedged it down, then went around and retightened all of the slider's various nuts and bolts.

Afterwards, I took it for a test drive on the lunar surface we pretend are our roads locally, took some turns that normally got the squeak going, and it's quiet. Too quiet. No, wait, just quiet enough.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice find!

I mentioned it because i was getting an annoying squeak right after i installed mine years ago. Mine turned out to be one of the washers was just barely touching the body. The clearances down there are so tight! I legit had to grind a flat edge to the washer to keep it from touching the body.

Ill take the beer ! Lol

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Nice find!

I mentioned it because i was getting an annoying squeak right after i installed mine years ago. Mine turned out to be one of the washers was just barely touching the body. The clearances down there are so tight! I legit had to grind a flat edge to the washer to keep it from touching the body.

Ill take the beer ! Lol

The instructions even say the front driver's side can come into contact with the body. Mine weren't squeaky at first, but I did come down on the driver's side one a little hard on a trail plus they had loosed up a bit so it likely pushed it up that extra little bit.

I was honestly so focused on it being in the interior I never even thought to check anything underneath.

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When my passenger side rear bench is in the folded up position is squeaks when hitting bumps.