Trinity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a Trinity locally and the guy had sent it into DS to be unmarried and restored..The unti is currently not married to a vehicle. The VIN says "diablosportdemo" and then says I need to restore the original back up file as the demo tune was replaced with the modify stock tune. I cant update the tool either. Am I going to have to pay 180 even though its not married to any vehicle? I know nothing about these tuners.

I contact DS and ofcourse they don't have weekend support lol. Am I screwed or is it an easy fix?

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How sure are you that he actually had it sent to Diablo?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I didn't think it had to be sent in just returned back to stock and then it can be moved to another vehicle.

$miley

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it definitely does NOT have to be sent back to diablo to reset the tune. its one click of a button on the device while its in the vehicle... Unless you can find the guy and get him to remove the tune theres no other way :( I just bought a used trinity last week and i watched him press the button, took 10 minutes and now its happily married to my truck :D

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
OK... I did this on mine when I first bought it. I wanted to see what it would do and did a pretend tune with the demo while it was connected to my CPU in the house.

Try hitching up to your home cpu with the usb cord. Then try to restore the stock tune. It might work. It did for me.

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's definitely not married to a vehicle. But I cannot restore or update it. I'll call D'S tomorrow and get ***** out of another 170 bucks I'm sure lol.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Try the home cpu where the DS down loader is and try to push reload stock tune on the trinity it's self. Not with the software. The USB will power the trinity and that's where you can try.

That's how I got into the perdicament your in now.

Fiddling at the CPU desk with the trinity in my hands.

If that doesn't work....... you'll just carry on what your going to do. It won't make it worse.

If it does work, it'll save you some $$$

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it wont do anything. Says need to restore original backup. It is not married so I guess that is a plus. Hopefully DS support can unf#ck this tomorrow lol.

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
93 octane canned tune is legit in my opinion. Turned of traction control and mds also..I can't wait to see what hemifever can do. I'll wait on that till they can tune the 8 speed too.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Awesome, glad you got it sorted out. The hemifever tune will definitely bring out more power. You can feel a bigger push when you shift out of 1st/2nd