Truck vibrates over 50 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi my 07 1500 is vibrating over 50mph. It goes away when you accelerate but as soon as you lift your foot it comes back... sort of feels like a high wattage sound system or those lane warning bumps you go over if you leave your lane. It’s really annoying and everything rattles. Started after i took a right turn off the interstate a little fast. I heard a slight snap from something and its been doing it since. It’s fine at low speeds and when accelerating but if I accelerate to 70 and lift your foot you feel a large vibration throughout the entire truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Don't know what it is, but I'd have your bearings and wheel/suspension/steering components checked out before driving at speed again. I'd drive slowly to the nearest mechanic and have them put it on a lift to inspect.

OP
OP
jmd4100

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't know what it is, but I'd have your bearings and wheel/suspension/steering components checked out before driving at speed again. I'd drive slowly to the nearest mechanic and have them put it on a lift to inspect.
Thanks! I actually went under the truck yesterday. I jacked it up in my backyard, put 2 jact stands under the rear axle and put in in drive to ab 55 and found the vibration was still there... looked under the truck and the drive shaft was wobbling. Upon further inspection I found the 4 bolts holding the drive shaft to the rear diff were loose. In fact 1 was missing. Tightened the 3 remaining bolts and bought 4 new ones from my local dealer.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I'm glad you caught that! That could have been a mess if that whole thing came loose on the freeway!