2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’ll be easiest if you go on here- http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm#photo And write down the functions and connector/pin locations for both a 2019 2500 and your 2018. Then, start repinning the connectors.
Couple things to note:
If you keep your door modules, you will only gain the blind spot lamp function from the new mirrors. Your current door modules don’t have outputs for the convex mirror adjustment, turn signals as park lamps, or the trailer spotter lamps. EVEN IF you got the 2019 2500 door modules that support all those features, there’s no way to enable them (currently). They would all have to be added under the doors configuration list in AlfaOBD. If it was me, I’d just get the 2019 door modules, see if they work, and hope there’s a way to add those features with AlfaOBD in the future.

As far as the 360 view camera goes, I doubt that one can work. That means you also need the forward camera and the central vision processing module. Then, if you can even get the CVP module online with AlfaOBD, you would need the 12” or 8.4” radio from a 2019 to display it, and we already know the 8.4 radio from a 2019 won’t work in the pre-2019s.

Thanks. I really appreciate the input. The man reason I got the top of the line mirror was for the power fold option. The rest would be a plus if i could get them to work.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if you’re using fourth GEN door modules (in my case 2017), you can get the Blindspot LED to work, and at the same time not lose any mirror functions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks. I really appreciate the input. The man reason I got the top of the line mirror was for the power fold option. The rest would be a plus if i could get them to work.
I would say, since you’ve gone this far, try to find a wrecked 2019 HD to get the door modules out of to see if they work. Then, hold out to see if the extra features can be added to the AlfaOBD list in the future. Since you’re the first I know of that has the new mirrors on hand, can you post a pic that clearly shows the connectors so I can see the positions of the raised key ways on them. I’m assuming there’s three of them and some kind of a coax connector for the camera. That way, when I get time today, I can use your pic to edit and say “take the wire from this connector, and pin it in this location on that connector” for being able to use them with the current door modules.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if you’re using fourth GEN door modules (in my case 2017), you can get the Blindspot LED to work, and at the same time not lose any mirror functions?

The LED would have to be separate (like @Jimmy07 did, in the sail panel cover) but yes.

To integrate it into the mirror is more work because the glass was never available for a 1500 and only available on the 2019+ 2500 so its expensive and hard to come by.

I would be content with the sail panel LED setup. Wifes car has BSM from factory and Im honestly not a fan of the LED in the mirror because sometimes its hard to see (angle and reflection of sun, etc)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Correct. That how I’m running right now (not with the new mirrors, but my own aftermarket LEDs). The door modules support the blind spot indicators, no matter what kind of aftermarket indicator you use.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Guys what Leds are you thinking to use? I have some of this and I think is going to look fine with a black holster

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161010852534

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk
I’m running these- https://www.amazon.com/PLUG-N-PLAY-...Black+Bezel,+Amber+LED)&qid=1573051084&sr=8-1

I’m coming up with .1 watt with them running on the 12v supply from the blind spot driver on the door module. Inside the truck on the sail panel, they’re bright enough to catch my attention out the corner of my eye, but, if they were somehow mounted outside on the mirrors, I don’t think they would be bright enough in direct sunlight.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The other thing to note is that the Central Vision Processing Module can be enabled in the BCM. So maybe that can be made to work somehow with a UAQ radio since that one would be the most likely to support it.

EDIT: Looking at the connectors on the CVPM, C1 is power, ground, CAN IHS. C2-C7 are all camera coax cables.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using a couple of amber LEDs in a chrome metal holder for the time being but I also have the beige/brown interior so it matches a little better.

I'm not drilling any holes just yet on the off chance I can get 2019 HD mirror glass or I find LEDs I like more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have to drill a hole. Is better to have the light inside of the car than outside. It wont matter to me because anyway that light is going to stay there for good.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m running these- https://www.amazon.com/PLUG-N-PLAY-...Black+Bezel,+Amber+LED)&qid=1573051084&sr=8-1

I’m coming up with .1 watt with them running on the 12v supply from the blind spot driver on the door module. Inside the truck on the sail panel, they’re bright enough to catch my attention out the corner of my eye, but, if they were somehow mounted outside on the mirrors, I don’t think they would be bright enough in direct sunlight.
I like this. The flush mount is the winner.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking that here will be a good place to install the Led. In this cover panel facing back.d3d5991f78a49be915683eab672bffc6.jpg

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got everything wired up, I have some temporary led indicators in the mirrors for my blind spot lights, and everything is working properly, I took it for a drive and the lights are coming on when a car is in the blind spot, I have two tones through the speakers when I turn on the turn signal while the indicator is on. The radio audio drops out, and comes back just like it does with the park sensors, I think the tone may be slightly different. I have the mirror glass ordered and once I confirm everything fits I'll post the part numbers.

this will be interesting
there is a thread on 5th gens about swapping the trim cap on the mirror (color match are available from Mopar for $65) ,, good read, shows how to pull glass and install without breaking, and shows back of 5th gen glass)

for some reason I cant paste the link, search over there on side mirror removal

https://**************/community/threads/side-mirror-removal-to-replace-mirror-cap.1517/

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would say, since you’ve gone this far, try to find a wrecked 2019 HD to get the door modules out of to see if they work. Then, hold out to see if the extra features can be added to the AlfaOBD list in the future. Since you’re the first I know of that has the new mirrors on hand, can you post a pic that clearly shows the connectors so I can see the positions of the raised key ways on them. I’m assuming there’s three of them and some kind of a coax connector for the camera. That way, when I get time today, I can use your pic to edit and say “take the wire from this connector, and pin it in this location on that connector” for being able to use them with the current door modules.
I would like to see the connectors as well .Then if I buy the base tow mirrors without had cameras then I would buy some connector shells and terminals to make a small conversion harness as I would like to leave the mirror connectors alone

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this will be interesting
there is a thread on 5th gens about swapping the trim cap on the mirror (color match are available from Mopar for $65) ,, good read, shows how to pull glass and install without breaking, and shows back of 5th gen glass)

for some reason I cant paste the link, search over there on side mirror removal

https://**************/community/threads/side-mirror-removal-to-replace-mirror-cap.1517/
Link doesn't work, I've already had my mirror glass off, you just have to be careful, I found using a long flat blade screwdriver you can pop the clips off the big mirror while pulling on it carefully. The small mirror comes off but you have to pull and wiggle a little bit, worse case the spot mirrors are a little over $20 each if you do break one.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would like to see the connectors as well .Then if I buy the base tow mirrors without had cameras then I would buy some connector shells and terminals to make a small conversion harness as I would like to leave the mirror connectors alone
If you are planning on going this route for sure, let me know. For a conversion harness like you’re thinking, you’d need the male pin connector shells, too (like the ones that are molded into the door module). They are TE Connectivity, and nobody stocks them. I literally just called Mouser an hour ago to request a quote for them (for an entirely different project I’m doing with the mirrors). I’m sure they’re gonna want a minimum quantity, since they’re non-stocked, so let me know if you need some.

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I should have the mirrors by Monday. They are still on their way. It looks like the 2019 hd mirrors have a couple extra plugs. Here is a pic front the eBay auction I won.

E3FF2D39-21DB-4023-BFFD-B2D27906FCA0.png

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got everything wired up, I have some temporary led indicators in the mirrors for my blind spot lights, and everything is working properly, I took it for a drive and the lights are coming on when a car is in the blind spot, I have two tones through the speakers when I turn on the turn signal while the indicator is on. The radio audio drops out, and comes back just like it does with the park sensors, I think the tone may be slightly different. I have the mirror glass ordered and once I confirm everything fits I'll post the part numbers.

Do you get a visual in the EVIC when someone enters the blind zone?