AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's almost impossible to accidentally do it. You have to double click the unlock button and on the second click you have to hold down. As soon as you let go the windows stop. And it doesn't work a 100% of the time.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Typical FCA safety feature :)

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's almost impossible to accidentally do it. You have to double click the unlock button and on the second click you have to hold down. As soon as you let go the windows stop. And it doesn't work a 100% of the time.

Idk, this is the only key fob that when I’m working outside has triggered every combo push known ;)

Ouchmyfoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most of the guys who use this feature are the ones who don't have remote start. They will push there unlock button twice and have the front windows roll down to let some of the sweltering heat escape as they walk across a parking lot and get in the truck and start it. It's also nice even if you have remote start to let some of the heat out. There is no cost in doing it if you already have the Alfa tool because all you do is enable the code so most people enable it even if they rarely use it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have the flash logic installed, that works off of three lock clicks. I wonder if I did the global down, would they go down every time I remote started my truck?

Also, I love this. I need more cool stuff to do!!! Just changed the fog light drop out and added all the tow mirror options a month ago.

Edit. I see the global down is two unlocks. Hmmm

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the flash logic installed, that works off of three lock clicks. I wonder if I did the global down, would they go down every time I remote started my truck?

Also, I love this. I need more cool stuff to do!!! Just changed the fog light drop out and added all the tow mirror options a month ago.

I have the Flashlogic remote start as well, when I get around to enabling Global Down I'll let you know if there's a problem[emoji106]

firefighter19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like MDS cannot be turned off "directly" with AlfaOBD from what I've read here so far. My question is, is there anyway to set the truck in 8th gear automatically upon startup instead of doing this everytime you put the truck into drive, which also disables MDS? Sorry if this has already been answered or is a stupid thought!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I am new AlphaODB junkie and my first change this past weekend was DRL on the turn signals. Woohoo!

While going through some of the options I saw one that caught my attention so tonight I enabled it and to my disappointment, it did not work.

I do remember seeing posts a while back that guys were making their mirror turn signals into side marker lights. This option does not do it. Anyone know if we can do it on 1500 without tow mirrors?ac8f75201ef8b32c5f4783cd4953e842.jpg

2017 Lonestar CC Brilliant Black Pearl

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD

Global down works on UNlock. Remote start works on 3XLock.

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I am new AlphaODB junkie and my first change this past weekend was DRL on the turn signals. Woohoo!

While going through some of the options I saw one that caught my attention so tonight I enabled it and to my disappointment, it did not work.

I do remember seeing posts a while back that guys were making their mirror turn signals into side marker lights. This option does not do it. Anyone know if we can do it on 1500 without tow mirrors?ac8f75201ef8b32c5f4783cd4953e842.jpg

2017 Lonestar CC Brilliant Black Pearl

[emoji15]

I don’t know how this works but interested in what someone says....I have the tow mirrors and would love for them to act as blinkers and running lights/parking lights....is that possible?

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
question - can you change the sensitivity of the light intensity sensor - this sensor which in the AUTO mode turns on and off the low beam ??

Yes you can. I can't think of where it is under bcm car configuration but I know it's obvious when you see it

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can. I can't think of where it is under bcm car configuration but I know it's obvious when you see it

Its a voltage target setting for automatic headlights. Factory settings are:

CBC Exterior Lighting Calibrations:
Auto Headlamp ON Threshold: 3.31 V
Auto Headlamp OFF Threshold: 2.55 V

From those numbers it looks like a lower "ON" value would make the auto headlights less sensitive, higher number would make them more sensitive.

One thing Im curious about is how well (if at all) the Tunnel Detection works on our trucks....I believe it uses the auto high beam "camera" to predict if the headlights need to be turned on ahead of time, regardless of the light sensor.

Ouchmyfoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
[emoji15]

I don’t know how this works but interested in what someone says....I have the tow mirrors and would love for them to act as blinkers and running lights/parking lights....is that possible?

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

Very interested in this also

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

From those numbers it looks like a lower "ON" value would make the auto headlights less sensitive, higher number would make them more sensitive.

One thing Im curious about is how well (if at all) the Tunnel Detection works on our trucks....I believe it uses the auto high beam "camera" to predict if the headlights need to be turned on ahead of time, regardless of the light sensor.
This post should be a "known working" topic.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
[emoji15]

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

They should be blinkers now? Mine are. As far as running lights, that's a no go unless you buy a harness like this and wire it in...

https://boostautoparts.com/products/dual-function-dodge-ram-wiring-harness-running-light-signal

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm trying to perfect what I'm calling AlfaOBD TV (poor man's LockPick)

30754f442e229e6c6a2d3a8a1c5666d2.jpg

Couple of questions, for anyone with a factory CD player, how is the Audio accessed through the radio? Is their a button on screen?

Assuming there is a button on screen, does anyone know the settings in Alfa to add that soft button to the radio?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm trying to perfect what I'm calling AlfaOBD TV (poor man's LockPick)

30754f442e229e6c6a2d3a8a1c5666d2.jpg

Couple of questions, for anyone with a factory CD player, how is the Audio accessed through the radio? Is their a button on screen?

Assuming there is a button on screen, does anyone know the settings in Alfa to add that soft button to the radio?

I don't have the CD player but I think there is a CD player icon/button on the bottom of the screen instead of a "media" button.

Not sure if this will help you but here is the wiring for it. (you may already have it)

CD.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

This is quoted from a member on jeepgarage-
“I have successfully changed the values with Appcar DiagFCA. Those are the same default values. It took some understanding of how it works and two attempts. I will try to log back in and tell you the values but the changes I made are not that dramatic. I had the same issues with full sunny weather in the morning, but facing away from the sun, and the headlights would be on.

I increased the ON threshold to 3.75 V and also the OFF threshold to 2.75 V but I will double-check. The logic is that the darker it gets, the higher the Voltage reported by the sensor. So you set the threshold for activation at a higher Voltage read-out by the sensor (i.e. it is darker outside) and the threshold for turning off also higher, so the headlights turn off sooner. You have to change both, otherwise and possibly even make the difference between them smaller than factory settings. If you just change the ON value, requiring a higher voltage for activation = darker outside and leave the OFF value unchanged, then as it gets progressively sunnier / less overcast etc. your headlights still stay activated because the sensor will trip the circuit when daylight hits cloudless Hawaii beach levels.

Auto Headlamp ON Threshold: 3.75 V
Auto Headlamp OFF Threshold: 2.75 V”

I tried setting tunnel detection before, and it just caused the headlights to stay on all the time with no way of shutting them off (until the truck was off).

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't have the CD player but I think there is a CD player icon/button on the bottom of the screen instead of a "media" button.

Not sure if this will help you but here is the wiring for it. (you may already have it)

View attachment 194995
Thanks! I did find where I'll hijack the CD player left/right audio signal. Now I just need a way to select it on the radio.

Presently I'm using the left/right AUX channels, but I'd like to use the CD Player audio since I don't have a CD player. I think most people would find this useful too as most don't have a CD player.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks! I did find where I'll hijack the CD player left/right audio signal. Now I just need a way to select it on the radio.

Presently I'm using the left/right AUX channels, but I'd like to use the CD Player audio since I don't have a CD player. I think most people would find this useful too as most don't have a CD player.

Cool. I'm going through Alfa but not finding anything that "enables" the CD player option yet. Keep us posted, real interested about what you are doing.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Cool. I'm going through Alfa but not finding anything that "enables" the CD player option yet. Keep us posted, real interested about what you are doing.

Closest guess I have is this...I may just give it a try and hope for the best.

1d7212d8d4784efd487a37231299a2d5.jpg