AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did you install them with relays or just use the factory wiring for the 55w kit?
No relays, so far so good. If I notice problems I'll get the relay kit. I am still waiting on the new deeper dust covers with grommet holes pre-drilled. These lights do not fit under the stock caps. To get by until they arrive on the 8th I sealed it all up with weatherproof tape...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a strange issue. I recently upgraded to a UAS 4C UConnect radio. Everything works but I noticed that with this radio installed, the compass heading in the EVIC appears as two dashed lines (--) instead of the actual heading.

When the radio is removed completely the heading appears as normal. In addition, when I install a VP4/RA4 radio (previous generation radio) the compass heading also appears as normal both on the radio and the EVIC.

Is there a setting in Alfa someone has come across that may address this issue? It's almost as if when the UAS is installed, it's attempting to get the compass heading from it instead of the overhead console homelink/compass module...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have a strange issue. I recently upgraded to a UAS 4C UConnect radio. Everything works but I noticed that with this radio installed, the compass heading in the EVIC appears as two dashed lines (--) instead of the actual heading.

When the radio is removed completely the heading appears as normal. In addition, when I install a VP4/RA4 radio (previous generation radio) the compass heading also appears as normal both on the radio and the EVIC.

Is there a setting in Alfa someone has come across that may address this issue? It's almost as if when the UAS is installed, it's attempting to get the compass heading from it instead of the overhead console homelink/compass module...

I thought at some point, maybe 17+ didn't they move that to the driver side mirror? I thought I read that on this forum somewhere

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When I installed my UAQ in my 2018 , I also installed an overhead console (truck came from the factory with nothing). I had to use Alfaobd to turn the setting for the EOM on. Maybe you could look to see if it's set. It probably is if it worked properly with the RA4 but maybe try turning off and back on might help it to recognize the UAQ? Just a thought as we all know the electronics are really finicky.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I thought at some point, maybe 17+ didn't they move that to the driver side mirror? I thought I read that on this forum somewhere

I haven't heard that before. I know mine is in the Homelink module and working though.
When I installed my UAQ in my 2018 , I also installed an overhead console (truck came from the factory with nothing). I had to use Alfaobd to turn the setting for the EOM on. Maybe you could look to see if it's set. It probably is if it worked properly with the RA4 but maybe try turning off and back on might help it to recognize the UAQ? Just a thought as we all know the electronics are really finicky.
The EOM options are all set, but I haven't tried turning them off then on yet. I'll give that a try too...

In my original settings file, I see a setting under "ECU Qualification" that reads "Remote Compass Present: No"...does anyone know how to get to and change that setting? I don't see it under "Car Configuration Change"...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I haven't heard that before. I know mine is in the Homelink module and working though.The EOM options are all set, but I haven't tried turning them off then on yet. I'll give that a try too...

In my original settings file, I see a setting under "ECU Qualification" that reads "Remote Compass Present: No"...does anyone know how to get to and change that setting? I don't see it under "Car Configuration Change"...

Maybe it was for ambient temp

Brhodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need some help. A few months ago I had to change my threshold on my tpms. 2016 Ram rebel. I used pin pulled and got my code for 50 tokens and code worked. Today I had to change my thresholds again because of different wheels and tires. The code I got a few months didn’t work. So I spent another 50 tokens on the pin puller app and it gave me the same code I already have. When I input the code into alphaobd I keep getting invalid key. Any ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Need some help. A few months ago I had to change my threshold on my tpms. 2016 Ram rebel. I used pin pulled and got my code for 50 tokens and code worked. Today I had to change my thresholds again because of different wheels and tires. The code I got a few months didn’t work. So I spent another 50 tokens on the pin puller app and it gave me the same code I already have. When I input the code into alphaobd I keep getting invalid key. Any ideas?

Try deleting the app and reinstalling it

lowufo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotta say I am really impressed with this AlfaOBD /OBDLinkMX and what it can do. So far I have done the fog light drop out, global windows down, HID turned on, changed heated seat material type, led fog lights and I think that's it so far. Each thing was done one at a time and worked right away without issues. Was gonna mess around with splash screen but mine already splashes SPORT on start up so didn't want to fool around with any of those settings. I do want to figure out the threshold value for auto headlights but I don't know what the current baseline setting is so not sure what value makes headlights come on later. The last thing I want to figure out is if I can change the remote start values to allow more fob starts before having to start the truck with the key.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I tried contacting him as well about the 2016 and 2017 not having the setting in ECU Config#3 for (Power Inverter Present) in the alfa tool which I'm pretty sure was an oversite in the last update. It is present in the 13 to 15 configuration. I haven't heard a word back either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey Rick, Did you ever get a word back about the "Power Converter Present" option for 2017 on Alfa?

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the power folding mirror with turn signal upgrade on my 19 1500 classic, from factory I can auto roll up front windows with one touch after isntalling the new modules it won't do it again any idea?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the power folding mirror with turn signal upgrade on my 19 1500 classic, from factory I can auto roll up front windows with one touch after isntalling the new modules it won't do it again any idea?

Roll windows down and hold button for a few seconds.

Roll windows up and hold button for a few seconds.

You should hear a click, in both directions.

The window modules will relearn, this way.

Bob

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

There is a reset process:

Reset Auto-Up:

Should the Auto-Up feature stop working, the window may need to be reset. To reset Auto-Up: 1. Make sure the door is fully closed. 2. Pull the window switch up to close the window completely and continue to hold the switch up for an additional two seconds after the window is closed. 3. Push the window switch down firmly to the second detent to open the window completely and continue to hold the switch down for an additional two seconds after the window is fully open

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Reset Auto-Up:

Should the Auto-Up feature stop working, the window may need to be reset. To reset Auto-Up: 1. Make sure the door is fully closed. 2. Pull the window switch up to close the window completely and continue to hold the switch up for an additional two seconds after the window is closed. 3. Push the window switch down firmly to the second detent to open the window completely and continue to hold the switch down for an additional two seconds after the window is fully open
Let me try it

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Reset Auto-Up:

Reset work like a charm thank you so much

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monsonrepair