Cam/Lifter Teardown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
Disconnecting the header from exhaust on driver side is unnecessarily difficult. **** that lol

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I got the rails/rocker arms off on the passenger side today, but got a hard stall on removing passenger manifold to exhaust bolts. The nut and bolt are free spinning together and it was getting dark, so I called it a night. Gonna be out of town this weekend, but anyone have tips to get this Bee Eye Tea Sea H off? I don't have a machine shop, I am doing this under a 3 sided dirt floor barn with harbor freight tools lol.

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I got the rails/rocker arms off on the passenger side today, but got a hard stall on removing passenger manifold to exhaust bolts. The nut and bolt are free spinning together and it was getting dark, so I called it a night. Gonna be out of town this weekend, but anyone have tips to get this Bee Eye Tea Sea H off? I don't have a machine shop, I am doing this under a 3 sided dirt floor barn with harbor freight tools lol.
If your talking about the 2 big bolts where pipe mounts to manifold when I cant get them off I just cut them with a Sawzall and replace bolts .

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your talking about the 2 big bolts where pipe mounts to manifold when I cant get them off I just cut them with a Sawzall and replace bolts .
Thats exactly what I am freaking talking about...sawzall aye!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got drivers side heads off. Cylinder 5 exhaust lifter was seized as suspected and flattened on the roller
When you say "seized," do you mean the lifter would not compress?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 73530 miles

Dirty D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you say "seized," do you mean the lifter would not compress?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 73530 miles
pretty sure when people say a seized lifter they are talking about the roller being seized in place. IE no longer rolling. which causes it to grind across the lobe of the cam wearing it down.

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pretty sure when people say a seized lifter they are talking about the roller being seized in place. IE no longer rolling. which causes it to grind across the lobe of the cam wearing it down.
This is correct

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright gents, need best online source for genuine OEM MDS lifters and cam and/or other reliable brands. RockAoto has Enginetech lifters and a melling camshaft are these quality enough?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright gents, need best online source for genuine OEM MDS lifters and cam and/or other reliable brands. RockAoto has Enginetech lifters and a melling camshaft are these quality enough?
Avoid enginetech lifters they suck had one fail after 5k miles they dont stand by their products had to redo the job they are also very noisy.

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, whats the best way to clean up the block's seating surface without causing surface abrasions that would be problematic? I was thinking one of those hard plastic drill brush heads...

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Avoid enginetech lifters they suck had one fail after 5k miles they dont stand by their products had to redo the job they are also very noisy.
Roger that. I just put together an MMX package with NSR/NTR MDS Cam and OEM lifters and Geesus! Just those parts are gonna be over 1200, not including all the gaskets, water pump, and valve guides!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Roger that. I just put together an MMX package with NSR/NTR MDS Cam and OEM lifters and Geesus! Just those parts are gonna be over 1200, not including all the gaskets, water pump, and valve guides!
Chrysler = expensive,always has,lol