Favorite tool brand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats your favortie brand of tools? Mainly hand tools. Im starting my own set of tools instead of always borrowing my dads. Ive already got a few things like sets of kobalt wrenches and screw drivers. They seem to be pretty durable, i also like them because the sets are color coded( metric with a blue strip, standard with red). anybody have experience or opinions on kobalt? Or whats your favorite brand?

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
channel lock, klien, and craftsman. I saw the other day that milwakie is making handtools now. I bought one of there 11-in-1 and really liked it. I will probly buy some of there other stuff to. Kobalt has some nice stuff to.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anything that will get the job done for the best price.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
got a kobalt 300 piece set for christmas this year, really happy with it. However you cant beat the lifetime warranty on husky products at home-depot though. had a ratchet go out that was older then me and took it to the store and got a new one no questions asked.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My other half has a huge Craftsman box filled with all the Craftsman tools, they are pretty nice and if one breaks we can swap it for free at Sears.
I dunno if all the other brands have that option or not tho haha they prolly do.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever works...LOL...if I was making a living with my tools, then it would have to be Snap-on though.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Kobalt and craftsman here... Only thing we use at our house, dewalt for power tools

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My other half has a huge Craftsman box filled with all the Craftsman tools, they are pretty nice and if one breaks we can swap it for free at Sears.
I dunno if all the other brands have that option or not tho haha they prolly do.

Kobalt tools you have that kind of warranty at Lowes...also the Home Depot has that warranty with their "Husky" tools...

If I'm not mistaken, Husky tools are made by Stanley.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ryobi or however you spell it is our power tool

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hand tools = Craftsman

Power tools = Ryobi, SkilSaw, Craftsman, Rigid, Dewalt

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I dont have much but craftsman stanley
Stanley drill
I know way over priced but lasted me a while now snap on impact and air ratchet

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I got alot from Harbor Freight I think its Pittsburgh?? Also craftsman, but love Snap On stuff you can literately feel the difference between other tools.

Also like my Gear Wrench set.

I need to get a bigger box, so looking around craigslist for a craftsman with ball bearings

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im pretty sure just about everybody carries a lifetime warranty now... whether they honor it or not, who knows lol. My dad has all craftsman stuff, but I never really go to sears so Ive never bought anything from them. Im always at lowes for something and they always seem to have some kind of good deal on their kobalt tools so I cant help but wonder how good they are. So far I havent had any problems

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
Craftsman for my main set, snap-on for anything speciality. Craftsman and dewalt powertools.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have craftsman, gear wrench, stanley, and then some random set of tools my mom bought like 15 years ago for hand tools. Then I have a set of craftsman power tools I got a few months ago. I really want a set of the new craftsman ratchets with a hole in them so you don't have to buy deep sockets

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
i got alot from harbor freight i think its pittsburgh?? Also craftsman, but love strap on stuff you can literately feel the difference between other tools.

Also like my gear wrench set.

I need to get a bigger box, so looking around craigslist for a craftsman with ball bearings

wtf ?

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really depends on what you using it for. If you make you living with hand tools you need: Snap-on, Mac, Matco. If they are just for personal use Craftsman is fine. I actually use a lot of Harbor Freight tools. They are cheap, and honestly, you can replace them 5 or 6 times (probably more) for the price of Snap-on. I haven't had anything break yet. But I know they will. But like I said, they are cheap to replace. And some of their specialty tools don't really work like they are supposed to, you just have to be aware and pay attention when buying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk