INFO: FoTa 18.11.07 SW Update 13-17 RA3/Vp3-NA & Ra4 VP4-NA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My update tried again yesterday and failed the same as before, telling me to go see the dealer after it restarted. Luckily it didn't brick the unit but still pretty annoying. I think the next step is to do a full factory reset but I am going to call UConnect tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Going to the dealer again to have them to pull the fuse again for 20 minutes is going to be a waste of time too. I was hoping they would actually do some troubleshooting. I could have done that without leaving my house.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talked to the dealer again today, the service manager has escalated my issue to Chrysler engineering and they have been going back and forth on it.

It looks like the issue is coming from the fact that I updated my maps and the update is failing during the check since the versions are now different. So essentially, UConnect forgot that people have the ability to update maps and didn't account for that in the update.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talked to the dealer again today, the service manager has escalated my issue to Chrysler engineering and they have been going back and forth on it.

It looks like the issue is coming from the fact that I updated my maps and the update is failing during the check since the versions are now different. So essentially, UConnect forgot that people have the ability to update maps and didn't account for that in the update.

Why am I not surprised UConnect has no clue......

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My radio tried to update again, this time I actually sat through and got a video of the process. Fails out about 25 seconds in at 9%. Maybe I will copy all my saved addresses/presets and factory reset the radio to see if that changes anything.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey whats up spoke to you last week about the update. If you remember I told you was going to dealer for the update, turns out my Radio 8.4 with NAV unit has to be changed because it will not communicate with Uconnect system the way it is supposed to. so they are shipping a new radio to the dealer with the latest update 18.43.01 installed already. Dealer just puts the radio in what crap, these fu-ken radios this is my 4th radio in my truck and its a 2016 Laramie 6.4 bed truck

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey whats up spoke to you last week about the update. If you remember I told you was going to dealer for the update, turns out my Radio 8.4 with NAV unit has to be changed because it will not communicate with Uconnect system the way it is supposed to. so they are shipping a new radio to the dealer with the latest update 18.43.01 installed already. Dealer just puts the radio in what crap this fu-ken radios are this is my 4th radio in my truck and its a 2016 Laramie 6.4 bed truck
Bummer!

Let us know if they really manage to get a radio with 18.x preinstalled. TBH it sounds like an excuse from the dealer

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bummer!

Let us know if they really manage to get a radio with 18.x preinstalled. TBH it sounds like an excuse from the dealer

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Well they said it would take 10 days for them to get the replacement radio from Ram. That was on Oct 24 so the wait game is on:banana-mario:

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just pulled the trigger and did a full factory reset from the engineering menu. We'll see in a few days if that resolves my issues with the update failing.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Been jacking with this for weeks. My truck didn't come with the Navigation so I purchased it from FCA (which is just a code to unlock it) and have purchased 2 sets of map updates. My Uconnect was perfectly fine with NO issues. Then I got the prompt for the update which was a nightmare because the Sprint data signal here is 1X and occasionally 3G. Went to Little Rock for the weekend and it updated.

Then my backup camera directional lines were gone. Then I noticed the Bluetooth audio would get hinky and the sound would drop sometimes until I stopped music and then started it again. So I did the factory reset and it went back to it's old self and worked great.

Fast forward to this weekend and the update got persistent enough, it was leaving the radio on after I got out and locked the truck. Installed it again. And again, backup lines are gone and Bluetooth audio is randomly junk.

Spent 45 minutes on the phone with Uconnect and Ram and they both told me not to do anymore factory resets. The head unit could brick itself and be dead for good if you keep doing factory resets. After November 3rd it will become useless and not work if I don't update and NOBODY seems to have an answer on FCA making good on a system that's NOT BROKEN until I installed the update. Uconnect lady was very apologetic and said they have been getting slammed with calls but couldn't do anything since the software isn't their department. Got a help / tech ticket issued and a number but I haven't heard from anyone.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just updated my unit using the update published in the roll up thread. After it failing the OTA half a dozen times, the USB flash worked without issue. I should note that I did a factory reset from the engineering menu, so for all I know the OTA could have worked, too, but I didn't want to wait for it.

glwhitetail

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just pulled manually from the uconnect site today (18.45.01). Took all of 20 minutes to install. No noticeable differences. Had the pop up 2 weeks or more ago and nothing happened with that.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
EUREKA! Last time I checked the download lost, my software version wasn't on there. I saw these posts and checked again and it was added. Downloaded to a flashdrive and installed. FINALLY fixed.

Cyber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just finished downloading
Uconnect_VP3,18.45.01-My13-17
Going to go install it now.

2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab

Update:. Success!!!!!

IMG_20191112_224241.jpg

Last edited:

jimsummers74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Still trying to do it myself via website download. I've tried several diff makes of USB flash drives, and reformatted them different types. Nothing works. My dealer told me today "if its Uconnect problems, call Uconnect & they'll do it for you OTA". Uconnect tells me to "take it into the dealer". I have no faith that this dealer can do anything. I mustrust this dealer anyway after several problems. Any ideas, you might have, anything no matter how trivial or small might be the reason I can't get the 18.45 update to work. thnx.

jimsummers74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
MY last post on Uconnect upgrade to 18.445 (I hope). I called Uconnect this morning to tell them my dealer is full of "cod *****". A nice rep named "Mark" had me go thru what I did in detail. When I read him the 5 files (just like the website shows) on the USB he asked me if they were "under/beneath" a folder named Uconnect. "Yes" I told him and that was the problem. He directed me to drag the Uconnect folder off the USB drive , and put back only the indiv files, w/ out the Folder. I tried it and it worked. I didn't get the screens that the website shows, nor did I get the directions/instructions after the successful update that the website said I would. But it worked. System info now shows 18.45 Hallelujah. Now does anyone know exactly what is in the update ? ha!