Lost a tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Not sure what happened, I tried to post a response and than it posted 4 times. Please delete this and the other ones.

Last edited:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
giphy.gif

definitely could of been worse lol

Brutal lol. Some years ago I saw an 18 wheeler throw an outer tire off (couldn't really see why or how) and the thing nailed an oncoming car. Destroyed the car. Bad enough on a passenger vehicle but you def don't want to be around when a big rig loses one.

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'd say the wheels were not torqued enough, and over time just loosened off
They were torqued by the dealer when the tires were installed, re-torques 240 kms later by the dealer and verified by me with my torque wrench when I got home after the re-torque. That was 6000 kms ago and they haven't been verified again after that but they shouldn't come loose on their own. Not placing blame on anyone at this point but it will be very interesting to see the result of the lab tests.

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
giphy.gif

I've seen this video before and that was my worst thought when the tire left the truck. I know it wouldn't have been my fault but I'm glad I don't have to live with that having happened.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Damn I’m working nights woke up and saw your video and now I’m rolling in the floor laughing my ass off. It’s going to be hard to go back to sleep after that funny ****. I know it’s not supposed to be funny but it was. Unfortunately I have a very warped sense of humor!

Reactions: BWL
OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Damn I’m working nights woke up and saw your video and now I’m rolling in the floor laughing my ass off. It’s going to be hard to go back to sleep after that funny ****. I know it’s not supposed to be funny but it was. Unfortunately I have a very warped sense of humor!

Guess we're both going to hell. Cause I laughed the first time a saw it as well.