Loudboi 2015 Ram 1500 ProCharger build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Hello everyone.

I just recently got my truck back from my local shop after getting a D1SC procharger kit installed in my ram 1500. At the moment I am making 490whp with 8lbs boost with a stock lower pulley and 3.35” upper pulley. Soon to come will be an 16% OD lower pulley to up the boost.

-Update 1: Got the 16% OD pulley on and am now making 560whp but still the same boost. A retune will be happing soon.

Current parts list includes:
-CompCams stage 1 master cam kit with MDS delete
-Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors and dual 300 fuel pumps with separate surge tank
-Fore Innovations FC3 fuel pump controller
-Holley fuel regulator
-Kooks long tube 1 7/8” headers Catless
-Melling oil pump
-Modern Muscle Xtreme Forged stop in pistons and rods
-Procharger D1sc kit
-3” Y pipe, to stock dual exhaust.
-SRT4 map sensor
-Innovators West 16% OD pulley

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Enjoy!

-EDIT: work was done by a local OKC shop called Abel Racing. DO NOT GO TO THEM! They increased my price even after I had a quote, cut corners on install, and even dented my door and called me a liar about bringing it to the shop unharmed.

2SElh7.jpg

Last edited:

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello everyone.

I just recently got my truck back from my local shop after getting a D1SC procharger kit installed in my ram 1500. At the moment I am making 490whp with 8lbs boost with a stock lower pulley and 3.35” upper pulley. Soon to come will be an 18% OD lower pulley to up the boost.

-Holley fuel regulator
-Kooks long tube 1 7/8” headers
-Melling oil pump
-Procharger D1sc kit

2SElh7.jpg
Nice!!!!! How much I
U spend?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hello everyone.

I just recently got my truck back from my local shop after getting a D1SC procharger kit installed in my ram 1500. At the moment I am making 490whp with 8lbs boost with a stock lower pulley and 3.35” upper pulley. Soon to come will be an 18% OD lower pulley to up the boost.

-Holley fuel regulator
-Melling oil pump
-Procharger D1sc kit

2SElh7.jpg

TJ who did you use for the shop?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hello everyone.

-Holley fuel regulator
-Melling oil pump
-Procharger D1sc kit

2SElh7.jpg

do you know if the Melling oil pump pumps for gpm then oem, do you know how much if so? How did that install go?

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Wow what a amazing build!!!! Congratulations!!! Did you do anything to the 8 speed?
Nothing yet but I do have plans of building it up in the future with southern hot rods kit.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
do you know if the Melling oil pump pumps for gpm then oem, do you know how much if so? How did that install go?
That I’m not sure of. It’s definitely higher pressure though and should handle any upgrades I do in the future.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
I'm assuming based on the fact you went with new pistons and the really beefed up fuel system that you're really going to push this truck, what's you're end goal for HP? Curious to see how things go! I'm really close to pulling the trigger on drop in forged pistons for peace of mind.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

Its possible its the OEM hellcat oil pump? That would bolt to any of the Gen 3 Hemi blocks 5.7, 6.1, 6.4, 6.2SC?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm assuming based on the fact you went with new pistons and the really beefed up fuel system that you're really going to push this truck, what's you're end goal for HP? Curious to see how things go! I'm really close to pulling the trigger on drop in forged pistons for peace of mind.

I wouldn't chance F/A on stock pistons. There is zero room for error. Do it once and pick up a set of drop in pistons/rods like you mentioned. If you're goal is more than 650-700whp get yourself a forged OEM 6.1 crank or similar.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
dammit why did i click on this thread.... Modifying vehicles like this is my ****!!!

install looks good. i must admit i HATE to Green procharger, but its not my truck, and its what the procharger does that matters lol.

Nice little build though. i would love to build up my 6.4l Hemi like this. but cannot afford it with this truck hahah.

Now post some damn videos of that thing whining like a *****!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I’m over in OKC, a shop called Abel Racing did the work.

Ahh ok I made an assumption of you being a resident of Arizona with the username. :banghead:

My question is basically stage 1 if I can call it that is a 6 rib system? The 18% OD upgrade should be an 8 rib?

If I went centrifugal I'd work to fit the 2500 kit to my 5.7 engine. I like the charger mounted on the driver side to at least give me one open side to the engine.

I like this orientation better especially with the clutch fan delete. Guess I need the 6.4 truck intake manifold upgrade now :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Screenshot_20200806-092337_Chrome.jpg

Since the driver side has the battery already and is cluttered already lets open up the passenger side for adding something else in the future. Now what to do with the alternator since that charger would mount in the same location :(:confused::D

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
That I’m not sure of. It’s definitely higher pressure though and should handle any upgrades I do in the future.

Ok now I've thought of more questions :D

You need the Hellcat TB!

Do you plan to do a stall converter to better match your cam's powerband? I'm really curious to try this mod out but the cost of the upgrade $1300 ish and figure another 500-800 for install doesn't sell well for me.

Can you post the dyno sheet? I'm wondering how the power curve looks around the 3800-4200 ish area. I feel like that's where the intake manifold switches runners.

Did the engine have to be pulled for the drop ins? Or where they able to pull the heads hone block etc?
Rwd or 4X4?
Gears?
Tire size?
Which tuning software? I'm guessing HP tuners. I think you mentioned that before?

That's all for now. Thank you for the share also!
Love the build!

Last edited:

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Ahh ok I made an assumption of you being a resident of Arizona with the username. :banghead:

My question is basically stage 1 if I can call it that is a 6 rib system? The 18% OD upgrade should be an 8 rib?

If I went centrifugal I'd work to fit the 2500 kit to my 5.7 engine. I like the charger mounted on the driver side to at least give me one open side to the engine.

I like this orientation better especially with the clutch fan delete. Guess I need the 6.4 truck intake manifold upgrade now :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
View attachment 217780

Since the driver side has the battery already and is cluttered already lets open up the passenger side for adding something else in the future. Now what to do with the alternator since that charger would mount in the same location :(:confused::D
God dammit! I knew i shouldnt have come in this thread! now i know they have a kit for the 6.4. ****!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
God dammit! I knew i shouldnt have come in this thread! now i know they have a kit for the 6.4. ****!

Drop in pistons and rods are a must for the 6.4 motor also. **** is an expensive hobby. Especially if you're trying to keep up with the Jones's! :)

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Drop in pistons and rods are a must for the 6.4 motor also. **** is an expensive hobby. Especially if you're trying to keep up with the Jones's! :)

oh i know.. i blew 7 years worth of pay on my last racecar Evo X. that thing ate so many motors. i finally got it finished with a full on build. Ductile iron sleeves, carillo rods, CP pistons. Full valve train/head work. crazy fuel set up with 2000cc injectors, external fuel pump, and surge tank. big ol' Garrret turbo.

**** i loved that thing. I sold it for this power wagon, and miss her so much. I just missed the noises that thing made. spool up - blow off - spool down. spool up - blow off - spool down.

Best thing ever....

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
oh i know.. i blew 7 years worth of pay on my last racecar Evo X. that thing ate so many motors. i finally got it finished with a full on build. Ductile iron sleeves, carillo rods, CP pistons. Full valve train/head work. crazy fuel set up with 2000cc injectors, external fuel pump, and surge tank. big ol' Garrret turbo.

**** i loved that thing. I sold it for this power wagon, and miss her so much. I just missed the noises that thing made. spool up - blow off - spool down. spool up - blow off - spool down.

Best thing ever....

I've had similar experience except with a SRT4.

I'm over the turbo. I'm either doing SC or stroker motor for this truck build.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
I wouldn't chance F/A on stock pistons. There is zero room for error. Do it once and pick up a set of drop in pistons/rods like you mentioned. If you're goal is more than 650-700whp get yourself a forged OEM 6.1 crank or similar.

I hear ya , I don't abuse the truck and if it did go boom it would just accelerate my upgrade timeline! Probably a winter project .

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Nothing yet but I do have plans of building it up in the future with southern hot rods kit.
Ok mainly I was asking to see how it held up