Ram 1500 battery dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Guys,

My 2014 Dodge ram 1500 sport battery totally died today morning. First i gave a power boost and it lasted me for 3 weeks. Again it happened last night & i again power boosted and worked fine, but today morning it died again. Am sure is the battery.

Do you guys suggest any good place to buy battery in Calgary? Any specifications? What size rachet and socket do i need to replace the battery?

Sorry am not a handy guy and just learning. Appreciate your time guys.

L

Last edited:

ThrashN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just replaced mine. I think it's a 10mm. I went with Interstate

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Do you guys have Walmart up there? Their Everstart Max battery has 3 year warranty and 5 year pro-rated. Nothing in our size is cheap, be forewarned.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Dexter,

Where can i get tested? Well the battery is dead and when i boost it works fine and then it stops, so am hoping is just the battery. Am thinking of getting the battery in costco.

QWIKKOTA

We do have walmart here, but for some reason they dont have dodge ram batteries

Thrash,

Where did youbuy your interstate?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just a 10mm socket and you'll want an extension for the retainer bracket at the bottom. I installed mine in the parking lot in under 10 minutes.

Everyone has favorite brands and you may not even have the same brands in Canada (even if they're made by the same company, names differ) but if you can justify the small price increase up front I suggest that you look for an AGM type battery from whatever brand you like. They're more tolerant of temperature and vibration so they almost always last longer.. spending 10 or 15% more up front for 50-100% longer life is a good investment.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thinking of buying kirkland brand in costco...lets see.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Dexter,

Where can i get tested? Well the battery is dead and when i boost it works fine and then it stops, so am hoping is just the battery. Am thinking of getting the battery in costco.

QWIKKOTA

Thrash,

Get Crappy Tire to test the battery and they should also have a battery that fits. Buy the one that carries the most cold cranking amps and has the longest reserve minutes on it.If you're budget can swing it an AGM battery is usually your best option .If you're on the northside of the city W&B in Airdrie will probably test it for you too.

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wednesday mornin mine was dead. Drove my beater/loaner honda to work. Got home and hooked charger up and could tell it was coming up to quick to have something that drained it. It didn't last 3 years truck is a 17.
Had Sams put one in this afternoon 160.00 installed.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
f...same time as mined. We dont have sams club here bro....

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Dexter,

QWIKKOTA

Thrash,

In the USA Auto Zone etc will do it for free.

In Canada, maybe the Mounties will do it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
My ‘14 battery died without warning this past winter (not even a cold night, like 44*). I replaced it with an AGM platinum battery. Higher Cold Cranking amps, more power, longer warranty and truck starts faster now. Definitely spend the short money difference and get an AGM battery (research). It’s made for these power hungry trucks!

Easy do-it-yourself. Ratchet and 10mm socket. Take off the negative cable first. Drop in new battery and connect. Because of the cold, I cover the terminal post’s with ‘battery protector / grease’ or Vaseline petroleum jelly. I also use battery felt pads to resist corrosion.

Last edited:

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think AGM battery is the only way to go, but a quality one. The battery is a 94R and should be available at auto part stores, of it you have a NAPA. Their AGM is made by Deka/East Penn. And as mentioned, it is a 10mm for the hold down and the cable clamps. I use a cable clamp puller which makes it easy to remove them.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I just got the costco kirkland brand with CCA 730. Not sure if this is the right one?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
I just got the costco kirkland brand with CCA 730. Not sure if this is the right one?

The battery group size is what determines vehicle fitment. You need a H7 (94R) battery. At 730 CCA sounds like you got the basic battery. This is similar to what you had in there from the factory OEM. Costco has AGM battery for $175.99 and $15 back when you return the old dead battery. $160 for AGM w/ 850 CCA is good. Zipcode A1A 2B2.

B74C2543-7A6F-4331-9863-852CE18B8E2F.png

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Hi Sheriff, Thanks for your quick response with picture.

Costco Canada had only one battery when i checked yesterday. Is H7 and price 149.99. I do not see anything else for RAm1500 in Costco Canada.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Sorry the one i got in costco is 790 cranking amps.

IMG_6648.jpg