Synergy vs Ram recall upgraded drag link?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got approved through Ram Cares and FCA for the drag link upgrade replacement. Need to wait for part, maybe 3 weeks. Meanwhile I had ordered the Synergy unit back in mid March that just arrived last week. Thank you Sarah and Ram Cares.

Question though;
Does any of you more knowledgeable Ram owners know how the Ram upgrade compares to the Synergy drag link????

FCA is gonna pay for replacement of their new part and any alignment…fantastic!! But wonder how it compares to the Synergy unit that finally arrived at 4WP.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have not seen either of them in person. But i would venture to say the synergy unit is a bit more robust and better quality than the ram unit…but thats pure speculation.

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Synergy unit is more thick and heavy duty, but the designs are almost identical. I think RAM went back to the design they used on the 3rd gen that mimics what Synergy has with a double adjuster nut and lock sleeve. Honestly if they are replacing for free you will be fine with the RAM unit. Synergy was only worth the money if you couldn't get RAM to replace the whole link free of charge.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Synergy uses a lot better end than oem. The material is thicker. Are they sending you one or a dealer replacing it?

OP
OP
RamShark1

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BolletuH, was kinda my thought as well, plus any issues will fall in RAM’s court.

OP
OP
RamShark1

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Synergy uses a lot better end than oem. The material is thicker. Are they sending you one or a dealer replacing it?
Sending assembly to dealer, I schedule service. Unfortunately my dealer doesn’t except IOU notes from FCA so I have to pay and submit to FCA for reimbursement, which I am assured I am already approved for. I also have that side airbag inflator recall to have them complete so will have all at once.
I don’t want to ask for a refund on the Synergy unit until all it completed on the RAM service. Will probably be reselling the synergy unit after that.

OP
OP
RamShark1

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V06 Drag Link replacement arrived at dealer and installed. It's a bit odd of a design with the crushed tubing in the bend areas. Waiting on the $460 I am out of pocket, FCA told me that was already approved, just needs processing.

Attachments

• New Draglink.JPG
    New Draglink.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 43

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I actually like the updated oem drag link vs the synergy one. Yes I have synergy. The new oem is a much better design than the old one. But can’t really go wrong with either.

Arkweldr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6bt
I went through the whole Ram care’s process-new drag link sent to a dealer of choice. Just found out today that dealer will need my truck for 4-5 days to fix…….. nope

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I went through the whole Ram care’s process-new drag link sent to a dealer of choice. Just found out today that dealer will need my truck for 4-5 days to fix…….. nope
4-5 days. It’s like a 30min job Wow

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
When my DL was replaced with the help of RamCares, took about 1 hour total and I didn’t have to deal with any money. Nothing out of pocket from me.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not much of a "choice" dealer. You don't have another dealer nearby?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anyone is interested in the Synergy drag link we have them in stock. Message me for a quote

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio