Well heck....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Sitting in the drive through and I got backed into... not even 200 miles on the clock. Doesn’t look like much but the other car looks like someone took a 10# maul to it.

2B95BD61-79E3-43AE-9C72-78F5F182F22F.jpeg

Insurance claim has been filed with their insurance. The adjuster will be reviewing the pics I sent and issuing an initial estimate.

I’ll be taking it to the dealer to repair as it’s not even a week old. New parts will be used.

Damnit....

David Janes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Gotta love dumb people who don't pay attention! Worst parts are that the new parts will be used. Sorry to hear man

OP
OP
Sandevino

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Gotta love dumb people who don't pay attention! Worst parts are that the new parts will be used. Sorry to hear man

Negative on the used parts, ghost rider.

The insurance of the person that hit me has a clause in their insurance for at fault accidents to pay for new parts if the vehicle they hit has under 300 miles on it. I bet their insurance company was banking on NO-ONE having less than 300 miles on any vehicle their insured would wind up smacking into, much less hastily throwing it into reverse and punching it in the drive thru.

I’ve submitted all the forms, odometer pictures, etc and have demanded new parts. On the recorded line, the adjuster agreed to new parts. So I guess new parts it is.....

David Janes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Hell yeah! sucks that you have to go through the bs with this but at least its going to be brand new

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bet their insurance company was banking on NO-ONE having less than 300 miles on any vehicle

About 30 years ago when I was young and invincible my buddy got a new Nissan Sentra. So, after work we took the couple hour drive down the to beach. Stayed there screwing around all night and heading home my friend fell asleep and rolled/totaled the new car. - 225 miles on odometer. We should be dead.... he fell asleep and hit a guardrail which woke us up, he massively over-corrected and it flipped over. Had it not been for the guardrail it would have surely been down a hillside or into a tree.

Nothing like standing in the middle of the highway next to a new car on its roof! You know, it turns out they don't actually put the "undercoating" on very well :) :)

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wait...you were sitting in line in a drive-thru? Why were they backing up? Anyway, very sorry to hear about this. You will also want to look into diminished value compensation. Looks very minor, but this will be in the vehicle history forever, and could have an effect on the value when you trade it in or sell it down the road.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully they report it to their insurance.

I had a guy back into my wifes Charger at a gas station, got his info, I took pics submitted to his insurance company etc. Problem is he never reported it so they paid nothing like it never happened.

From now on any accident I'm having them call their insurance company in front of me or I'm calling the cops.

OP
OP
Sandevino

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Wait...you were sitting in line in a drive-thru? Why were they backing up? Anyway, very sorry to hear about this. You will also want to look into diminished value compensation. Looks very minor, but this will be in the vehicle history forever, and could have an effect on the value when you trade it in or sell it down the road.

I was, and was about 15’ behind them to the right. Clearly visible. I called my insurance to let them know what happened and they’ll help with the claim should it be anything substantial.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Unlikely to show up in vehicle history unless it makes the DMV database. DV claim on that? LOL.... good luck! You'd need one hell of an ambulance chaser to pull that off!

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
All kidding aside, I would’ve been livid. My 3 year old looks before backing up!

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unlikely to show up in vehicle history unless it makes the DMV database. DV claim on that? LOL.... good luck! You'd need one hell of an ambulance chaser to pull that off!

In my younger days I rear ended a lady who stopped in the center lane of the interstate during rush hour traffic. I had pretty much stopped and the police report stated no visible damage to either vehicle and impact less then 5MPH. She had to go to the hospital in an ambulance and sued. My insurance company (State Farm) said see you in court! It never went any further.

2018 Ram 1500
Sent from my phone (ignore typos)

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In my younger days I rear ended a lady who stopped in the center lane of the interstate during rush hour traffic. I had pretty much stopped and the police report stated no visible damage to either vehicle and impact less then 5MPH. She had to go to the hospital in an ambulance and sued. My insurance company (State Farm) said see you in court! It never went any further.

2018 Ram 1500

Years ago my wife was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic due to construction on the interstate. The vehicle behind her bumped her hard enough to send her into the car in front of her. The vehicle behind my wife took off. Not even a noticeable scratch on wife's car or car in front of her. They exchanged info, called police, had a report written, etc. Fast forward to 3 days before the 3yr statute of limitations deadline and that women sued us for 1 million dollars for neck and back injuries. It took years of paperwork, meetings, running around, etc to be done with it. Wife had Metlife at the time of the incident and they handled all the legal costs. The women ultimately "won" my wife's liability limit that she had at the time. Oh what wonderful times.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If their insurance pays out to fix it, it is going to show up on the carfax I am guessing. So diminished value settlement as well?

Sucks that happened to your brand new truck! Who backs up in a drive thru??

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Strangely enough it almost happened to me this morning. I pulled in to the drive-thru and the person ordering ahead already had the reverse lights on but was stopped. I stayed like 8 feet behind and sure enough once they were done ordering they moved backwards almost a foot by the time they realised it was in R and made the tedious shift to drive.

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Years ago my wife was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic due to construction on the interstate. The vehicle behind her bumped her hard enough to send her into the car in front of her. The vehicle behind my wife took off. Not even a noticeable scratch on wife's car or car in front of her. They exchanged info, called police, had a report written, etc. Fast forward to 3 days before the 3yr statute of limitations deadline and that women sued us for 1 million dollars for neck and back injuries. It took years of paperwork, meetings, running around, etc to be done with it. Wife had Metlife at the time of the incident and they handled all the legal costs. The women ultimately "won" my wife's liability limit that she had at the time. Oh what wonderful times.

Well now...that stinks!!!

2018 Ram 1500

OP
OP
Sandevino

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
If their insurance pays out to fix it, it is going to show up on the carfax I am guessing. So diminished value settlement as well?

Sucks that happened to your brand new truck! Who backs up in a drive thru??

It’s a harsh reminder that people are distracted, preoccupied and unobservant.

The insurance company quoted $1,700.xx to repair the damage and are sending me an initial check for the repairs. I’ve got an appointment with the body shop on Friday morning for them to give me an estimate as well. Depending on what else they find it might cost more to fix and they are prepared to pay the difference.

SEVENTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS.... let that sink in for a bumper ding.