2021 75th Anniversary PW Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
All paperwork is in place, already went through the whole F&I sell on a call. All that's left is a walk-around and to pick up the keys! Hopefully it will be a very short time at the dealer as I have a six hour drive back to the homestead.

Does anyone have a checklist for specific PW accessories to check for in the cabin? I know to look for the winch stuff (controller, hook, sleeve). What else should I check for?

Also, I intend to disable mds for the break-in trip and to vary rpm and speed. Any other solid strategies for a good break-in? It's a 306 mile trip, all on two-lane highway with rolling hills (no major range to cross). The hills alone should provide variation in rpm and cylinder pressures. I'll leave the cruise off for most of the trip so that my foot can play goalie on power demands.

Then wheels/tires go on Monday!

I leave the house at 3am for a 5am flight...

tenor.png

Nice!

A couple more things to check for:

Door cup holder sleeve things (not sure if yours came with them or not)
Wheel lock key (again, not sure if yours came with them or not)
Winch pull strap (very likely this will be with your other winch accessories though)
Class IV hitch adapter (as stated above)

Pretty much all I can think of...

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice!

A couple more things to check for:

Door cup holder sleeve things (not sure if yours came with them or not)
Wheel lock key (again, not sure if yours came with them or not)
Winch pull strap (very likely this will be with your other winch accessories though)
Class IV hitch adapter (as stated above)

Pretty much all I can think of...

Thanks man! I'll add all of those to the list.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Full tank of gas? Lol. Floor it on the way home. The hell with a break in

There is logic in this. It takes pressure to get the rings to seat. Unseated rings have poor compression and oil consumption. Though I'd like the high spots to wear down a bit first. ;-)

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Everything is ordered and will be ready to be installed on truck as soon as it comes.

Thuren Overland Front
Falken Wildpeak AT3 35’s
S&B Cold Air
MagnaFlow 19200 Large Cat-back Performance Exhaust Kit
Soft top bed cover

Decided to keep stock rims for now. I’m going to powder coat the silver rings to match black.

Looking like 5-6 weeks by the time all is said and done. Thuren front is 5 weeks out itself. Truck is about the same 4-5 weeks.

Rest is good to go. Getting excited.

I have an exciting surprise ill reveal when installed, that has changed from initial list.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
There is logic in this. It takes pressure to get the rings to seat. Unseated rings have poor compression and oil consumption. Though I'd like the high spots to wear down a bit first. ;-)

Well?! You end up gunnin' it to 88 the whole way home or what?! Lol

First impressions?

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So .... @Overlander out enjoying the new ride I suppose, keeping us waiting for the pics and first impressions ... where's the popcorn!

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Yea that was awesome !

Jesse Lackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I agree. I have engine dyno and we lay on them as early as we can. If the engine is a roller cam we do maybe three pulls at part throttle to check A/F ratios and everything else, then it's WOT pulls. I built a mild 360 for a 1998 Dodge we have and it uses about a quart in 9000-10000 miles. It was hammered on the dyno, probably a couple dozen WOT pulls.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well?! You end up gunnin' it to 88 the whole way home or what?! Lol

First impressions?

It's surprisingly easy to see mid 80's while just cruising along. The cabin is incredibly quite (I believe it has ANC? There are a bunch of mics in the cabin).

The ECU much be programmed to run rich for the first few trips for break-in. I was seeing instant MPG readings around 12 for the first 160 miles or so. Then I stopped for coffee in Burns and at the same speeds it jumped up to 15-17. Even with the first tank running really wet, it averaged 14.8 over the 360 mile trip. And I still had 85 miles left on the range computer at home. Really impressed at the range. Boise to Bend with no fuel stops and still 100 miles to go. Couldn't ever do that in the Land Cruiser.

So .... @Overlander out enjoying the new ride I suppose, keeping us waiting for the pics and first impressions ... where's the popcorn!

I'll get some up in the next few days... It's ski season and every day we can get a parking pass one of us is up doing turns with the kiddos. I did get the AT3Ws mounted on the Katla's today. Discount couldn't get the spare to mount underneath. Took me all of about 5 minutes. Don't know what their deal was. Overall they were great to work with. At this point I'm pretty happy I went with 35s. Pics to follow.

On this topic... I've never heard of Discount re-calibrating the speedo... But it was dead nuts on with the GPS on the way home at all speeds (up to 75 mph). I'm not sure how this would be possible unless they had a tool there to do it, or unless the truck somehow has a 'learn' feature where it self-calibrates to GPS? Either way I was stunned. If anything, the speedo is about 0.5 mph faster than the GPS now. The exact opposite of what you'd expect which going to 35s.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
On an all black power wagon , what do you guys think of, AEV salta silver.

I really thought I wanted an all black rim, but seeing the monotone black power wagon, I like the silver more and more.

(TJ’s PW) ty for uploading the pics!

626611E4-162B-4533-896B-EE01765F9E81.png

2FC0E062-A7B7-44C9-8093-4C9C81D3DFDF.jpeg

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I really thought I wanted an all black rim, but seeing the monotone black power wagon, I like the silver more and more.

View attachment 234444

View attachment 234445
Just my personal opinion, keep it all black.
That "bright" locking ring looks funky too.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 234444

View attachment 234445

Me personally, I would keep the stock wheels, but paint the ring a flat black color to match the flares/grill etc.

If it were a brighter truck, say silver, I would keep the wheels as they are.

ethancaine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Very exciting, what colour/factory specs did you do

I had to chose between the color or the options...so I went with color.
2021 Granite Crystal, 75th AE, Sunroof, LED bed lighting, Engine block heater, tri-fold cover.
I wanted the Safety Package and Towing Package, but I would rarely use them to their potential. Meanwhile, I will look at my truck every day.
The problem is that up here, custom orders get "diverted" regularly, so that wasn't an option. All the fully loaded trucks coming up here are Anvil or Plasma Blue or whatever colors I don't want.
Paid $2,500 under sticker. Recieved $29K trade-in for my 2015 base model, slightly modded mid-line PW w/~87K miles.

tjbrowder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Had a Super Duty owner checking out the truck at a gas station.....He loved the truck, and asked it they were real bead-lock capable wheels. He then asked if I had the rings painted to silver, because he thought it broke up the monotone look and liked it! I said no, and from his perspective, he thought Ram did right by not another all black wheel (like the Trailboss, Tremor, etc.) Go figure....