INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Manually or reverse back to drive as long stay under 10 mph I haven't install it yet I did side views same time I upgraded to power folding mirrors

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
That's pretty cool! I hadn't seen this kit before definitely something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Is it possible to add a front camera just by using Alfa? I always thought it required third party hardware?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
If you have a 2016 or newer 8.4 radio then yes you can by using the extra unused cargo cam input (manual on screen button once enabled via AlfaOBD) for the front cam input... Just need to add an RCA video Pigtail with correct radio pins into the factory radio connector.

M² Mods.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you have a 2016 or newer 8.4 radio then yes you can by using the extra unused cargo cam input (manual on screen button once enabled via AlfaOBD) for the front cam input... Just need to add an RCA video Pigtail with correct radio pins into the factory radio connector.

M² Mods.
Do you sell a harness?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Whats the latest canadain uaq update available ?
I tried the us update and my radio said invalid software update .
Thanks in advance for any help .

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Whats the latest canadain uaq update available ?
I tried the us update and my radio said invalid software update .
Thanks in advance for any help .
I believe the official designation for the 18 Canadian radios is uCq and uCs (vs uAs and uAq for USA)...
It also looks like the current USA TSB also applies for you and the latest version would be 22.6
18 Ram UAx v22.6 TSB 08-016-19 Rev_E.pdf.

If no one has it, you can always take the cover page of the TSB, a Canadian 2018 Laramie VIN with UCQ 4c Nav, and a blank USB to a dealer and ask them to download it for you ... and hope they get you the correct one.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I believe the official designation for the 18 Canadian radios is uCq and uCs (vs uAs and uAq for USA)...
It also looks like the current USA TSB also applies for you and the latest version would be 22.6

If no one has it, you can always take the cover page of the TSB, a 2018 Laramie VIN with UCQ 4c Nav, and a blank USB to a dealer and ask them to download it for you ... and hope they get you the correct one.

M² Mods.
Thanks Mike I will call the dealer tomorrow and ask them .
Maybe fellow Canadian owners can chime in and let me know if they have the latest .
Cheers

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I dropped of memory stick at dealer and will pick up on my Way home .
I will post this weekend if it works and if so will share it here

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

If no one has it, you can always take the cover page of the TSB, a Canadian 2018 Laramie VIN with UCQ 4c Nav, and a blank USB to a dealer and ask them to download it for you ... and hope they get you the correct one.

M² Mods.
Just added the 2018 Canadian v22.6 UCQ update (4c Nav) to post 7 thanks to Skuppy069

M² Mods.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
You just tell them about the TSB and ask if they could put it on your USB drive? I see you're from Alberta as well what dealer did you get to do it?
I'm still searching for an update to my UCS that's giving me issues so might have to do that same.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
You just tell them about the TSB and ask if they could put it on your USB drive? I see you're from Alberta as well what dealer did you get to do it?
I'm still searching for an update to my UCS that's giving me issues so might have to do that same.
Yep I showed them the TSB and they asked for my vin .At first they wanted me to bring my truck in so they could do at no charge etc .
But I wanted the copy for the ram forum etc .
Just buy a 16GB stick and they should be able to copy it over for you .
I always got to south trail Chrysler in south CALGARY as they Always help me out .

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yep I showed them the TSB and they asked for my vin .At first they wanted me to bring my truck in so they could do at no charge etc .
But I wanted the copy for the ram forum etc .
Just buy a 16GB stick and they should be able to copy it over for you .
I always got to south trail Chrysler in south CALGARY as they Always help me out .

Tried at the dealers in Red Deer, one said they won't put the update on a stick, the other is suppose to get back to me.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
application version on the UAS is the fw version I’m looking for, correct? It says NN-IR-22.5.0 (then a bunch of other numbers after that). I guess I have an update to do. What happens if I don’t do the update? Everything seems to work fine so far, don’t know if I want to mess around with it yet.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
application version on the UAS is the fw version I’m looking for, correct? It says NN-IR-22.5.0 (then a bunch of other numbers after that). I guess I have an update to do. What happens if I don’t do the update? Everything seems to work fine so far, don’t know if I want to mess around with it yet.
If it works do not update. Unless you want to update just to see if it fails during the return period. Then you could have some piece of mind that you can safely update in the future. Latest update is 22.6...