Yeah, I Went Too Much....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
A "REAL" Truck?

You meant to type, 'Pickup', right
because as everyone knows, Trucks are just a little bit, bigger, than Pickups.

Of Course, REAL Men work with, on or around Locomotives.

I guess the ones who couldn't get their hands on a tank do, anyway.

:D

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The "idiocy" that you are referring to is the automated software that pulls words based on a predetermined list. RamForum's owner put this in place quite some time ago. I understand that you're new here and may not have run into this yet. There's probably a better way for you to lodge a suggestion about a word that may not belong on the list.
I assumed it was put in place by the web developer from some pre-set list of words and that the Ram Forum admin could contact the developer about and have changed. My apologies if that is incorrect.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Lol everyone is looking at the weight for towing with the truck..... your 14k trailer was what I was concerned with lol.
The trailer empty isn't much....shy of 4k lbs. It was the 6 yards of wet stone that was bad....the 3 yards I got today, plus 2 more yards after was much easier towing.....yes, the first load was stupid. Truck was not pulling hills unless it was over 4000 RPM and even then I wasn't moving with the first load. 6.4L Hemi does well with 12k lbs....just not 19k-20k lbs. Not a fun experience the first go around. 3.73 gears is what I have. I'm sure the 4.10 gears would have been a little better, but not by much.

This is the time where I wish the diesel was in my price range. Sadly, it's not.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Can you get a 6.4 with the 8 speed in a 3500,i know you can in the 2500's,but i've never heard if they're putting the 8 speed in the heavier 3500's yet.
Mine is the 6.4L Hemi with the 8 speed transmission the 8HP75.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
We used to tow with teams of horses, too. Doesn't mean they were good, just means we didn't have anything BETTER at the time. Let's bookmark this argument for now, and continue it after they put the Hurricane in the 1500 and 2500 ! Those will be great!
I would much rather see if Cummins comes out with a their gas version of the 6.7L and what those numbers would be.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
A "REAL" Truck?

You meant to type, 'Pickup', right
because as everyone knows, Trucks are just a little bit, bigger, than Pickups.

Of Course, REAL Men work with, on or around Locomotives.
Leaving the little stuff, for Women, Children, lesser Men, until they get Off Duty, then they may drive a Pickup, Home.
Only because RR Tracks don't go directly to their Homes.

I DO so love these REAL discussions.
Like when Everyone was deciding which Pierced Ear was "For REAL Men' and which was for Limp Wristers.

HINT: Real Men don't have piercings.
Only Thing 'hanging' is what God himself intended.

Now that this Pot is well and truly stirred, I will grab my popcorn and watch......
Best post

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The trailer empty isn't much....shy of 4k lbs. It was the 6 yards of wet stone that was bad....the 3 yards I got today, plus 2 more yards after was much easier towing.....yes, the first load was stupid. Truck was not pulling hills unless it was over 4000 RPM and even then I wasn't moving with the first load. 6.4L Hemi does well with 12k lbs....just not 19k-20k lbs. Not a fun experience the first go around. 3.73 gears is what I have. I'm sure the 4.10 gears would have been a little better, but not by much.

This is the time where I wish the diesel was in my price range. Sadly, it's not.

Yeah its a bit much weight for a gasser. I've done a lot of 18k pulls with my SO 3500 and max is 20k. I know the weight for sure.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ah, 3/4 ton Pickups know their limits too.
It's the 3/4 Owners, who need Schooling and tend to think far more of themselves, than justified.
Sorta like Pruis and Tesla Owners, come to think of it.
I claim the reason I finally went with a 1/2 ton, back in 2014, after 30 years driving 3/4 tons was due to getting Old and not really doing much, anymore.
Honestly though, it was the Company I kept finding myself in.
Really could not justify moving up to a one ton, where far more of Owners have actual Sense.

Ya gots Ford, Chevy, Ram, even Toyota Pickup owners and we tend to torment each other over Brands, when they true Grouping should be 3/4 ton Owners vs everyone else. Kind of like how eeryone fixates on being a Donkey or an Elephant, when the true Enemy of Society are the Idiots.
Most of whom drive 3/4 tons, Pruis' or Tesla's, and think far too highly of themselves

Sorry, I know, said I was gonna grab popcorn but figured it needed stirring, just a little bit more.
I'm going to get banned for this dog do of Honesty and common Sense, I just know it.

MODS:

It was meant as good natured, Clean, no Cussing Humor.
You know, Humor,? that thign you lost when you got your MOD badges.
Don’t feel the need to justify your opinion to anyone man.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Tanks?
They looked so cute sitting on those flat cars, behind my locomotives.
Mile long tank trains really looked cool, in Winding terrain and S curves and the like.

Tanks?
take away the gun and it aint it jack..

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Tanks?
They looked so cute sitting on those flat cars, behind my locomotives.
Mile long tank trains really looked cool, in Winding terrain and S curves and the like.

Tanks?
take away the gun and it aint it jack..

There's some satisfaction to driving over things instead of around them. And let's see you neutral steer a locomotive. :D

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, 3/4 ton Pickups know their limits too.
It's the 3/4 Owners, who need Schooling and tend to think far more of themselves, than justified.
Sorta like Pruis and Tesla Owners, come to think of it.
I claim the reason I finally went with a 1/2 ton, back in 2014, after 30 years driving 3/4 tons was due to getting Old and not really doing much, anymore.
Honestly though, it was the Company I kept finding myself in.
Really could not justify moving up to a one ton, where far more of Owners have actual Sense.

Ya gots Ford, Chevy, Ram, even Toyota Pickup owners and we tend to torment each other over Brands, when they true Grouping should be 3/4 ton Owners vs everyone else. Kind of like how eeryone fixates on being a Donkey or an Elephant, when the true Enemy of Society are the Idiots.
Most of whom drive 3/4 tons, Pruis' or Tesla's, and think far too highly of themselves

Sorry, I know, said I was gonna grab popcorn but figured it needed stirring, just a little bit more.
I'm going to get banned for this dog do of Honesty and common Sense, I just know it.

MODS:

It was meant as good natured, Clean, no Cussing Humor.
You know, Humor,? that thign you lost when you got your MOD badges.
No one should have to justify what they want or own. Thankfully we still have options.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 95153 miles.

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I'll take the shame for my opinion, it goes with being a conversationalist. Discussing ideas can be difficult at times, and I Never let Facts get in my way! Every 150/ 1500 I have owned was a disaster over time. Also, in my own defense, I have not read a single post by a 2500 or 3500 owner asking if they "can tow this OK?" Never mean to insult, or belittle. Just want folks to understand, sometimes you just don't have the truck you think you have. If I moved to 30 plus foot 5th wheel, I'd move to more truck, myself. P.S. I hate the auto edit myself, but I understand why it's there.
****** Droid.
Not a problem. Works for me. Oh, it didn't.

StNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V
That was a lot of weight for that dump trailer. My 6x12 dump trailer has a dump limit of around 7500 pounds. After that it has a hard time raising the box. What are the limits on your tires? I blew a trailer tire many years ago and luckily no other vehicle was nearby because I was all over the road. Sounds like you just used up one of your nine lives!!

heofon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to get a load of chips and dust limestone with my 2006 5.7 1500 and told the guy to fill it up. He said one whole scoop would crush my truck. I told him to add little by little and we'll see where we end up. He was able to fill it to heaping. He was amazed. "Nice truck!", he said. I don't remember how heavy it was, but the suspension bottomed out a couple of times over bumps on the way home.

znrh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be glad you werent driving a Ford lightning they have less towing range than a chevy spark