AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Team, I went to walmart purchased a Ares 8 nextbook, came home went to Amazon and purhased AlphaOBD - but I dont see the app ??

Anyone have this issue?? Perhaps thre is a SYNC I need to do ?

I think the Amazon link is for the windows version. If your tablet is android based and has the play store then send Alexey a email saying you bought the wrong version and would like a refund. Go ahead and purchase it through the playstore. He is pretty quick about refunds. Then you'll be good to go.

If it's a windows based tablet the file should be in the download file app. But you'll have to wait up to 24-36 hour's to get the license number to activate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ramnuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know if the PIN puller app on Android works on a 2018 Ram 2500?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know if the PIN puller app on Android works on a 2018 Ram 2500?
If it comes down to having to use the app, yes, it will work for 2018 as long as the bypass harness is in place.

Arek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
Could anaftermarket brake controller be programmed to display info on the dash, just like OEM controller?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could anaftermarket brake controller be programmed to display info on the dash, just like OEM controller?
No it will not communicate with the truck's CAN system.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys/gals, I need a BCM config from an Android based platform uploaded to Google Drive from someone who has "factory push button start".

Or, someone more familiar with converting the shared BCM config we have already in the folder (2018 Laramie) to a readable format that I can use Notepad++ to compare mine with. When I try pulling it up it lumps everything together or puts in on one line which doesn't work for Notepad++ compare tool.

Thanks!

Falcon1772

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Already done that my friend. I messaged GhostRam to add it to the list of options.

Go to BCM > P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module and set it to “Not Enabled”

No more air ride warning.

I did exactly that and it worked the first time after changing it, but every start up since then it still gives me the warning. Any ideas? Got to be a way to delete the warning message.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys/gals, I need a BCM config from an Android based platform uploaded to Google Drive from someone who has "factory push button start".

Or, someone more familiar with converting the shared BCM config we have already in the folder (2018 Laramie) to a readable format that I can use Notepad++ to compare mine with. When I try pulling it up it lumps everything together or puts in on one line which doesn't work for Notepad++ compare tool.

Thanks!

I think I can convert it, give me a few min...

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Thanks!

OK here's a converted version... well not converted... readable. Due to the format I had to use S&R and basically searched for Set, Yes, No, etc and replaced with a carriage return. That and some manual cleanup for those that didn't end with those common phrases and it out to be about 95% there.

Attachments

• 18 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 4x2 CC - Readable TXT.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 18

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Friend installed OEM brake controller.
He has basic cluster and 5in Uconnect.
I got everything working.
Trailers 1 - 4 in the Uconnect..
Is it possible to give customer names on these?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Friend installed OEM brake controller.
He has basic cluster and 5in Uconnect.
I got everything working.
Trailers 1 - 4 in the Uconnect..
Is it possible to give customer names on these?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

No, you can only use the provided names, you cannot create a custom name.

Marioski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a 2017 Durango Citadel 5.7L AWD owner and wanted to post for others my experience with AlfaOBD and the tow package. This is the most comprehensive forum on the web for this tool and our Mopar toys! So I wanted to give back.

Just got my toy as a certified pre-owned off-lease purchase. It came with a MOPAR OEM Receiver hitch and wiring installed. I didn't expect it because Window sticker didn't have the tow package listed. I purchased and got it home to find out no outputs through the trailer wiring.

I researched the issue and realized this was probably the Sales code wasn't enabled in the BCM. That's when I found this thread.

Purchased OBDLink MX and AlfaOBD.

I found out the following needed to be set to enable the lights (at least for my vehicle).

In BCM menu Select Car Configuration Change and enable the following:

Options -
  • CBC Features - Trailer Tow Present - Yes
  • CBC I/O - Trailer Tail Lamp Relay Ctrl Output Present - Yes
  • CBC I/O - Trailer Turn/Stop Relay Ctrl LT Output Present- Yes
  • CBC I/O - Trailer Turn/Stop Relay Ctrl RT Output Present- Yes
  • CBC I/O - Trailer Backup Lamps Output Present- Yes
I did these one at a time and verified after #1 and 2 nothing still worked. But after #3 I had Left Turn and brake lights but not Right. So you could safely do all 5 steps. Also used AlfaOBD to activate lights from rear of the truck to verify.

Hope this helps others.

Thank You! This is exactly what I was looking for as I own a 18 Durango GT and going to finish up the factory wiring harness for the trailer in the next week or two. Only thing to add, on the 18's you have to change out the entire TIPM as Dodge removed the trailer tow harness circuitry. The tow harness kit when from $90 to $280 that includes a new TIPM.

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still cannot find a way to disable the TPMS service message, anyone with a RAM 1500 figure this out? I got the OBDLink MX+ adapter also

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I still cannot find a way to disable the TPMS service message, anyone with a RAM 1500 figure this out? I got the OBDLink MX+ adapter also

I don't think there is a way to do it with alphaobd. I had the same problem, I ran a few months without tpms sensors and couldn't get rid of the message. I had the dealer fix it. I don't recall if I checked to see if any codes popped up in the rf hub and tried to clear them.

Iflyabeech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman Crewcab
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I don't think there is a way to do it with alphaobd. I had the same problem, I ran a few months without tpms sensors and couldn't get rid of the message. I had the dealer fix it. I don't recall if I checked to see if any codes popped up in the rf hub and tried to clear them.

Can you renter the sensor ids using Alfa? I got discount to scan mine and give me the numbers. I should have entered them myself, but took it to the dealer and they had to reinitialize my RFH

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Can you renter the sensor ids using Alfa? I got discount to scan mine and give me the numbers. I should have entered them myself, but took it to the dealer and they had to reinitialize my RFH

I tried that, but I did end up having a bad sensor and had it replaced under warranty so it's possible by either manually entering the Id's or doing a rolling test (I think that's what it is called in alphaobd) that once the truck has learned the new sensors or they are programmed that the message will go away.

Other than time, it can't hurt to manually enter the Id's in and possibly do a rf hub reset.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca